🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Account Restrictions
Page options
annatodor
Community Member

Account Restrictions

I am writing according to the issues I have with my Upwork profile (Ana Androska), for a while, it has some restrictions. I have tried many times to start a call and verify the account but it is not possible, probably there is some bug on the platform.

Please, can you help me resolve the problem since I had a contract and I am working on it?

Thank you in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ana, 

Thanks for posting about your account hold in the Community. I've checked and see you need to complete the video call and verify your profile. I'll ask our team to contact you directly via email with instructions and a link you can use to initiate the call, apologise for the confusion with not communicating this to you earlier and concern it has caused you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
lilobibi
Community Member

Even if you do - like me - just a couple of days later they will restrict your account again. "for security reasons". And you will have to do the same thing again and again and again. Totally messing with your privacy because what the hell could they check with these continious video calls? And they will see you but all you can see is a picture of some random guy. Very very obscure business upwork is getting into here. Reminds me of a communist system I once lived in.

Hi Tilo,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Please, refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths