Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Account Suspended Due to Too Many Proposals from New Account

Active Member
Matthew M Member Since: Mar 5, 2019
1 of 4

Hello, 

 

My wife's account has been permanently suspended and so she is unable to post on the forum to get support. After being retrenched she has decided to go into Freelance work full-time and applied for a handful of jobs last week and even made contact with a few successful applications. Upwork suspended her account because ' the fact that you have submitted a high number of proposals for jobs on our site without many contracts or earnings ' 

She appealed this decicion, siting her past experience and qualifications and now they have made a final decision to suspend her account permanently. Surely there has been a mistake here? Any assistance is finding out what she can do to reinstate her account would be appreciated. 

Moderator
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 4

Hi Matthew,

 

Unfortunately I can't share details for another user with you. Your wife can refer to the details our team has already shared with her on her tickets, she can access her tickets on this Link. Thank you.


Untitled
Active Member
Matthew M Member Since: Mar 5, 2019
3 of 4
She is unable to access this link due to the account suspension.
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 4

Matthew M wrote:
She is unable to access this link due to the account suspension.

That is because the decision was final and the suspension permanent...

 


Matthew M wrote:
She is unable to access this link due to the account suspension.

The thing is: There are already too many freelancers in almost every category on Upwork. Every day 10.000 more try to join, and 98% are rejected. Of the remaining 2 % - the vast majority never earn a single Dollar. It makes sense to give promising people a chance, but it also makes sense to clear them out if they don't gain traction quickly. This platform is full.

 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS