🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Account Suspended Permanently
Page options
prhomhyse
Community Member

Account Suspended Permanently

Hello everyone,

I have been using Upwork for a few years and I love the platform. 

As Top Rated Freelancer for about two years straight. 

I suggested a friend join Upwork late last year and she notified me that her profile was recently approved which excited me greatly because I have been telling anyone with great skills around me to join Upwork.

Yesterday, she reached out to me and informed me that her account was "suspended permanently". This got me really sad because she was already hired on Upwork before she proceeded with the Identity Badge Verification process.

She sent in her Voter's ID and did the Video Call verification which was quick and successful.

The response about the ID was "Identity Badge, automation failed" and "we have been forced to permanently deactivate your Upwork account". 

I am reaching out to the Upwork community in general because I do not know what to suggest at this point. 

I have told her to hasten up with her Passport which she has been processing since last week. 

She messaged support but they closed the ticket and did not respond. 

This is her profile: 

**Edited for community guidelines**

I look forward to helpful suggestions because I do not know if retrying the verification process with her Passport in a few days will help. 

Thanks in advance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Promise,

We cannot discuss anything about the suspension of your friend's account here in the Community or to another individual, for privacy reasons, which we hope you understand. Please, refer your friend to the notification the team sent to them about the suspension and check out this help article for more information about the most common reasons for the freelancer account holds.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Promise,

We cannot discuss anything about the suspension of your friend's account here in the Community or to another individual, for privacy reasons, which we hope you understand. Please, refer your friend to the notification the team sent to them about the suspension and check out this help article for more information about the most common reasons for the freelancer account holds.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths