🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Account Suspended Permanently
Page options
f9c930fd
Community Member

Account Suspended Permanently

Hi there,

I have registered on Upwork more than a year ago. I found a couple of clients and gain some success payments.

Then I had a long term pause because of an emergency, but periodically I checked my account and it was just not active. 
But today I decide to log in and start working again. I was surprised when saw "Oops! Username is incorrect."

I've checked my email and found:

"I’m contacting you today because we noticed some irregular activity on your Upwork account that requires investigation.
You have until the 18th of March, 2020 to complete the video call. If you do not do so, your Upwork account may be permanently deactivated."

But today is 28th of March, 2020.  This situation with COVID-19 brings too much troubles. And have no time for checking emails.

Is it possible to reactivate my account, or just bring my money back?

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Oleg,

I'm sorry to hear that your profile has been suspended. Could you please send me a PM with your Upwork registered email or userID so I can check? You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
JoanneP

Hi Oleg,

I'm sorry to hear that your profile has been suspended. Could you please send me a PM with your Upwork registered email or userID so I can check? You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
6a261154
Community Member

Hi Good afternoon!!

I had an account before but it was suspended permanently. Now, 3 days ago I opened a new account.. My question is, do you believe that this new acoount will be suspended permanently as the other one ?

Thank you so much.

lysis10
Community Member

Juan M wrote:

Hi Good afternoon!!

I had an account before but it was suspended permanently. Now, 3 days ago I opened a new account.. My question is, do you believe that this new acoount will be suspended permanently as the other one ?

Thank you so much.

Yes. 

6a261154
Community Member

Hi Good afternoon!!

Did you say:Yes ? so it will be suspended.?

Was your issue resolved? 

Jenn 

Juan M wrote:

Hi Good afternoon!!

Did you say:Yes ? so it will be suspended.?

Yes. If you're suspended, you're not allowed to open a new account. You need to resolve the issue with the old account, if possible.

Hi Juan,

Could you please share more information regarding your account so I can check with the team? Please send me a PM by clicking on my name. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
6a261154
Community Member

Hello Good morning!

I already sent a PM to you..

Thank you

Hello Ms Joanne Marie P.

I've a account on upwork more than 2 years ago.

But the last week. I received a email from Upwrok Supporter

He said:  He have noticed some irregular activity in my Upwork account. So he have placed a temporary hold on my account until he hear back from me.

I ask him why because i just use account for my business. He requested me verify account again.

I done all his requriment include verify account with National ID, Bank Transtion and Call verify.

But after that, he send me a email told my account is permanently deactivated without reason.

So could you help me check my account again? I've try to chat with you. But i can't chat with you. I'm not sure why 😞

Hope can get your response

Thank and regards,

Ha

Hi Ha,

Please share the details of the account you're referring to via PM. You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Guys, 

My account has been suspended suddenly for no reason. I am an expert full-stack developer with having a profile on Upwork since 2015. I am here for a very long time. Initially, I have associated with the agency but during COVID they stopped my salary and ask me to work on a task basis. For which they create an Upwork client profile and assigned some tasks to me. Upwork support me in a difficult time but now they suspended my profile suddenly. Upwork is the only source of my income. 

Please help me to reinstate the profile.

I have created a new Upwork account yesterday.
then today I am login my account shows the message Your account has been suspended.

Can you help me resolve my account?

Thank you

Hi Ashok,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Still not solve account has been suspended error

have you get back your account, please tell my while my friend has the same problem he doesn't have bank statements (not old than 6 month) and his account is suspended and deactivated?

Hi Ashok,

We are unable to discuss the details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. If your friend needs help with their account, please let them know to reach out to us on any official Upwork social media channels so that we can help.

Regarding your own account, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
a6575e98
Community Member

Hi! I was a freelancer on upwork. I was too young and didn't know the rules. After running out of connects, I used to reopen accounts. then I got banned, I couldn't open any accounts. It was too late. I had requested upwork to consider. But they said it's permanent. now today I have createde this account with my last hope. Can I please stay here with this account please? I I regret for what I did. Can you have mercy on me? Please?

68fb4fad
Community Member

Hi Joanne, can you help me with my account? I am about to withdraw my pay but seems that my account has been suspended. I already sent an email but still haven't received any response from Upwork. 

Hi Angelica,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket for this. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. They will reach out to you soon to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello ma'am

My email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I was new to the upwork and dont known the reason of suspension. For last 7 years, I am continuously trying to get it reactivated. Please help me by reactivating it

Hi there,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
ee021842
Community Member

Hello there .i have it the account and some clients .Now is suspended permanently.Every time i make an appeal automatically came the message .Your account will be remain permanently closed We decide who want to work or not in Upwork . I don't understand the reason.And in another part they send me message about the possibility on Upwork 2023. Now I'm opening other account and how to know if they don't block e or suspend again.

Hi Vilson,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
ee021842
Community Member

I'm seeing your profile but you're Not showing any profile or your profile
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Vilson,

Apologies for the confusion. You should be able to send private messages in the Community now.

~Andrea
Upwork
endrit_g
Community Member

have you get back your account, please tell my while my friend has the same problem he doesn't have bank statements (not old than 6 month) and his account is suspended and deactivated?

umerbutt
Community Member

My account also got suspended. The account that was suspended has $8k+ earning, 30 completed jobs and 342 hours logged on it. Is there any possibility to get my account back.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Hi Muhammad Umar F!

didn't they send you an email telling you what was the reason of your account being suspended? 

Could you share the season so we might have some advise for you? 

I didnt got any email from them.

I think reason of suspension was that I created another account for another work domain. But I have deleted the newly created account after review Upwork guidelines.

Hi Muhammad,

I've shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
quantprogrammer
Community Member

I have over 250k of earnings and 6 years i am top rated too, and have 3k of money owed to me, i have done everything asked i am tired and stressed, and looking at the other posts i feel i have been let down by Upwork, I wish i would of read these posts before hand.

I have been temporaily blocked, i have provided the id information. I am awaiting.

I feel sick and am hurt by what i have read and experecied by Upwork.

Hi Richard,

We certainly understand you're upset about the status of your account and we truly appreciate you reaching out to us here in the Community for assistance. However, I can see that you've been in contact with the appropriate team for your case via email and a support ticket has been set up. It looks like the team has responded with more information and further instructions on how to resolve the issue.

Rest assured that our teams are working collaboratively to assist you more efficiently. We highly suggest you continue coordinating with the team on this page or your email and they'll surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Sadly i am still banned, and no explanation. and still owed 3000. which i will likely never see. 

I have been using the platform for six years, and although very heavily experienced outside Upwork I had to slowly build my reputation through the platform.

Over Six years I put in 5500 hours, (250k) (est 25-30k in fees) I became top-rated

My account was suspended two weeks ago, I have been through total hell during that time because Upwork withheld money I earnt, I spent alot of time frantically providing documents waiting for responces doing interviews. whilst being threatend with permanent suspension. 

Upwork owes me 3000 USD for work done under the hourly protection scheme. I have not had a payment in two weeks. 

After the interview I was told in 48 hours I would get an answer that has now passed and still no news. 

Very sad at my trateatment. 

Hi Richard,

We understand this is a difficult time. I checked your account and it looks like our team has already provided instructions on what you need to do. Please refer to your ticket and don't hesitate to update it should you have further inquiries. Your ticket is assigned to the relevant team who will be able to assist you in this matter.

~ AJ
Upwork

Sadly I did exactly that, I had an interview and was told i would get  a response in 48 hours, you can see that time has now passed. I have had my payments halted for over two weeks,

How would anyone feel if that happened to them. I worked hard for that 3000 usd.

I am currently travelling, i wonder if that has had an affect I am from the UK and put my home address, what period of time do you have to stay in a country especially one that you are not considering staing in before you have to change your location, please can Upwork give an amount of time.   

Account has been suspended

Had an interview, was told will get a response in 48 hours it has gone way over that now.

6 years on the platform top rated plus 250 k earnings 5500 hours 

Hi Richard,

I can see that you've recently followed up on your ticket regarding your concern. I've also followed up with them on our end so that you can get an answer as soon as possible. Kindly allow more time for the team to get back to you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thanks i need to update my new location on the profile, need a bit more time for that 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members