cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended! Too many bids without any earnings.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
S M Shahriar K Member Since: Mar 30, 2015
1 of 14

No, not me. Luckily it was not happened with me (yet!). However I know a lot of people who lost their Upwork accounts because they bid frequently for a few days without winning any projects then oneday Upwork emailed them that their accounts got suspended since they couldn't win a new project for awhile.

So now I would like to know how many bids (without winning a new project) are considered too many in Upwork and can lead an Upwork account to suspension?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 14

Hi S M Shahriar, 

In order to prevent anyone from unfairly bypassing our guidelines, we cannot release specific numbers. Be assured that we do not take action based on isolated incidents of unsuccessful proposals. Only in the unusual case we find a freelancer has been repeatedly submitting many proposals but not winning jobs (or winning few) we take action. Typically, this means the opportunities on Upwork are not a good match for the freelancer’s skillset.

-Avery
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sehar Arif M Member Since: Sep 4, 2018
3 of 14

Hi Avery O,

Can you please tell me about the jobs when client hire freelancer directly without submitting a proposal or a client interviewed a freelancer but hire for another job directly. These kind of jobs count as winning jobs or only those number of jobs are important to suspend or not suspend a freelancer that result in submitting  proposals to client. I know you can not share specific numbers of jobs or conversion rate but you can explain the situation that is mentioned above.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 14

Hi Sehar, 

The post you are referring to was from January 2019, and I would like to confirm that this is no longer the case, and has been discontinued. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sehar Arif M Member Since: Sep 4, 2018
5 of 14

Ok thanks for confirmation!

Highlighted
Riad M Member Since: Nov 2, 2019
6 of 14

Hi Avery,

so Upwork is no long suspending accounts due to sending too many proposals?

-Riad

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 14

Hi Riad,

Yes that is correct, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Chukwudi M Member Since: Jan 18, 2020
8 of 14

Hi Goran, I have a friend who was suspended because of this a few years ago. He has gone to improve his skill set and recently acquired a masters degree in Engineering Management in addition to his previous degree in Civil Engineering. How can he get his profile suspension lifted now that this rule has been lifted? I've read a lot of posts here and I understand you can not discuss another user's situation to someone else. I'm only asking here becaus he sent an email to customer support and hasn't gotten a response so he asked me to find out here.

What steps can he take next? It's a little urgent as I need him on my agency team. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
9 of 14

Chukwudi M wrote:

Hi Goran, I have a friend who was suspended because of this a few years ago. He has gone to improve his skill set and recently acquired a masters degree in Engineering Management in addition to his previous degree in Civil Engineering. How can he get his profile suspension lifted now that this rule has been lifted?

Nice try! Good luck.

Chukwudi M Member Since: Jan 18, 2020
10 of 14

Nice try? He got suspended because he bid on too many projects without getting awarded. This was the specific reason they gave in the email they sent to him. I saw this thread and the previous posts suggested they have discontinued suspending people for this particular reason. No offence but if you have nothing good or constructive to say, it would have been better to just say nothing as opposed to a sarcatic response. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS