🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Account Suspended
Page options
modupei
Community Member

Account Suspended

Hello Upwork Team,

I joined Upwork since 2015 and I hadn't logged in for a while. I logged in a few days ago and the notification first said transactions for my account have been limited. When I updated my payment options and some other profile information the notification changed to say my account has been suspended.

I haven't received any email to this effect so please how do I get the suspension on my account lifted?

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
pponso
Community Member

You will have to somehow contact the upwork support to resolve this issue.

You might have asked for the payment outside upwork, or may have over stepped Upwork policy...

Please check your previous conversations with your clients...

Hope this helps!

Thanks

petra_r
Community Member

Modupe I wrote:

I joined Upwork since 2015 and I hadn't logged in for a while. I logged in a few days ago and the notification first said transactions for my account have been limited. When I updated my payment options and some other profile information the notification changed to say my account has been suspended.

Is it possible that there might be some chance that it could appear to Upwork that the person who opened that account in 2015 and the person who has it now may not be the same?

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Modupe I wrote:
When I updated my payment options and some other profile information the notification changed to say my account has been suspended.

I haven't received any email to this effect so please how do I get the suspension on my account lifted?

Every day, there are at least half a dozen posts in the forum from people who have "accidentally" entered their name or address or country incorrectly and need to change it. It's also a fact that people buy and sell Upwork accounts online. Therefore, you can't make major changes to your profile information without it setting off alarm bells. You'll need to contact Upwork customer support to sort it out, and might need to verify your identity.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Modupe,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths