Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended

Highlighted
Ayan Das G Member Since: Oct 9, 2015
1 of 14

Hi,

When I logged in I get a message "Your account is suspended " contact customer support. When I asked the reason they said they have no idea. So what is the reason for the suspension ?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 14

Hi Ayan,

Someone from our team will follow up on the ticket you submitted this morning, please keep checking for updates.

Highlighted
Ayan Das G Member Since: Oct 9, 2015
3 of 14

This is what I got from your team.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

But I still dont understand what Violation I made. This is really strange, can you help me to find out this ? 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Weera P Member Since: Sep 11, 2013
4 of 14

Hi Ayan,

When I look at your profile, it doesn't tell me that you are skilled enough to work. If a client hire you it is potential that you will fail to complete the project. That is enough for risk management team to suspend account.

Honestly, if I were a client, I would not hire you!. You should read Upwork policy. If something doesn't make sence. specially you account name. I saw your name associate with Zaproots.

I know how to solve you problem but I can't tell you here and won't tell you. It is exactly the same reason as risk team manangement to suspend your account.

I am afraid that your account might be permanently suspended. There's lot of Freelancer here and it is too many and enough for Upwork(Your profile looks regular). Upwork force low skills Freelancer out. Event if someone skilled enough to work, if he she works for a few greedy clients, he/she account might be suspended too.

Regarding to the message, I suspect it is a copy and paste from template message.

My suggestion is do some tests.

Sorry for my rant. Today, working on Upwork plate-form it so hard!.

Thanks,

Weera

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 14

@Weera P wrote:

Hi Ayan,

When I look at your profile, it doesn't tell me that you are skilled enough to work. If a client hire you it is potential that you will fail to complete the project. That is enough for risk management team to suspend account.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's complete and utter nonsense.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Weera P Member Since: Sep 11, 2013
6 of 14

Petra R:

Apparently, As a new Freelancer, What he should do is improve his profile and do some tests. When someone do something wrong on their profile. They should know the problem or how to solve the problem by himself/herself before openning Ticket and tell Upwork that you fix it.

I don't know why.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 14

Hi Ayan,

Since we will not be able to share the details about your account suspension here in the public Community, I encourage you to continue communicating with the team via the ticket in order to resolve the issue. They will update the ticket with more details as soon as possible.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Aila Gayle G Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
8 of 14

I have gotten a susupension today as well. They say that there was an attempt to offer or ask for payment outside Upwork, which I am not fully aware of. They are telling me to just acknowledge the infraction made so I could get back to Upwork but how can I acknoledge something that I am not fully aware of?

I asked them to show me proofs on their accusation but they can't come up with something as the details are only intended for internal use.

My point is I cannot go on accepting faults that I am not fully aware of. I want to clear myself from the case that is why I am asking them to review further. I was willing to have my account checked not sure if they are gonna dwell on this. 

PLEASE ADVISE ON THIS MATTER

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
9 of 14

The bottom line is you or you and your client were trying to cheat the system.

You or both of you were trying to work outside the platform and get paid outside the platform. 

It sounds like the client reported you to Upwork and sent proof. You will not get to see what he sent.

What they are saying is if you apologize and ensure you won't do it again you MIGHT get your account back.

Highlighted
Aila Gayle G Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
10 of 14

I actually got my self cleared from the case just now!Smiley Very Happy

Upwork staff apologized as they claimed it was a misunderstanding in their end. If I hadn't conducted my own investigation, argued with 3 support agents, fought for my right to be cleared from the allegations I wouldn't have gotten them to move and review my case further.

My frustration was, they didn't want to show me any proofs to support their allegations. I insisted they show me one for transparency's sake but they declined and insisted that the details were 'internal'. I guess that was the major issue here. You cannot just blame anyone with faults without any supporting facts to show, right?

On the brighter side, they did look further into my case. I got cleared and my account is now up as usual. Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS