cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended

Amit P Member Since: Feb 24, 2017
1 of 4

My Friend account is suspended, already work with two client and give 5 star review, if my friend pay $10 for membership then approve him account

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 4

I'm sorry to learn about your friend's account, Amit. If he/she needs further assistance, he/she may directly get in touch with us so that we can assist him. Unfortunately, we are unable to discuss details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. We hop you understand. 

-Avery
Untitled
Amit P Member Since: Feb 24, 2017
3 of 4

Ok, thanks

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 4

Hello Amit...

Your friend can not pay $10 and then get their account approved.

Nobody can do that.

Be glad. That would be bad for YOU.

If Upwork were to go that route, it would mean they are trying to make money off of freelancer membership fees, which would be bad for freelancers.

There are other sites that do that. They are terrible.

Upwork makes money by taking a percentage fee from money freelancers earn. If I earn money, Upwork gets some of it. If I earn nothing, I pay Upwork NOTHING. This is GOOD for freelancers. Ultimately this makes the site better for clients as well.

We should all be glad that freelancers can't simply buy their way into having an approved account. That would not help those freelancers. It would only exploit their desperation. It definitely would not help clients, who don't need to be flooded with proposals from freelancers who really should not be on the platform but paid their way onto it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS