cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account Suspension - Duplicate Account with Client's Account

Highlighted
Juaymah A Member Since: Dec 3, 2014
1 of 18

My account was suspended two days ago for the reason that I am using a duplicate account. I was shocked because the other account that they have suspected to be mine was one of my clients. Prior to that suspension, my contract with that client was suspended because they have reported their credit card to be stolen, and they need to update it. 

My client has updated their credit card, and their outstanding balance has been paid. But my account and their account is still suspended. I have sent several messages to customer support via ticket (the live chat option is not showing up on my computer which I don't understand why), but I have not received any message, except for the initial message they sent explaining the reason for suspension.

I could still work with my other clients, but I'm getting anxious since I cannot withdraw my money. I don't understand what's taking it so long to investigate, more so, I don't understand why it was suspected to be linked in the first place where it is very clear that the other account is a client's account. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
2 of 18

Hi Juaymah,

There seem to be a few moving parts here with your situation. I've asked someone from the team to take a look and follow up with you.

Highlighted
3 of 18

Thanks Garnor. I do hope this will be resolved soon.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
4 of 18

I hope things will resolve for you very, very fast; I really do.

This should not happen again to anybody else. Yesterday it was somebody else, today it is you, and tomorrow, judged on this, I can expect to find myself  in the same situation with no fault of mine whatsoever.

I don't know who does this screening and evaluation, but to me, it seems that all this calls for intensive retraining and reeducation of those people .

Highlighted
5 of 18

Hi Natasa,

Thank you. Yes, it is really frustrating and disturbing. I never expect this would happen to me considering I have a good track record. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
6 of 18

I really hope everything will resolve soon for you, Juaymah. Furthermore,I hope someone will finally be held accountable for all this that is happening to you and other people who worked hard to build their career here.Take care

Highlighted
7 of 18

You're right Natasa, aside from resolving this concern, let's hope someone will be held accountable.

I have just done reading other posts, and I am very suprised there's been a lot of account suspension, similar case with mine. Seems like there's a bug in oDesk system. I have read from others though that it could take MONTHS. OMG, now I am really scared! And to think Christmas is approaching. What a nice gift from oDesk. tsk. tsk.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
8 of 18

I'm sorry to hear about this happening to you Juaymah, especially after taking a look at your profile. This particular problem seems to be targeting quite established freelancers, I won't be surprised anymore if I'll find myself receiving the same email warning (and that is very worrying!).

I understand some freelancers hire themselves (it does happen) to boost their profiles but hello, why would someone with hundreds or thousands of hours need to do that? This makes no sense whatsoever. I highly suspect this is caused by either some bad oDesk programming or very incompetent review staff. I've seen both so it is anybody's guess.

I find it very disturbing that affected individuals need to post this at the forum just to get some answer. This should be handled by support! The way things go now that people post on the forums just to get some much needed customer service is appalling. It wastes the mods' time and wastes oDesk resources plus makes the platform look very bad (I'm not blaming the affected people).

Juaymah, you're not alone. I've read a lot of similar cases here in the forum and posted elsewhere on the web. It is high time for oDesk to take a long and hard look at their current system and troubleshoot what the real problem is - otherwise cases like this will simply keep coming.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
9 of 18

Maybe there is a bounty.

Maybe there are review staff who actually receive bonuses based on how many accounts they suspend.

I'm just trying to think of some explanation for all of this, because this is really rampant. So many peoples accounts are being suspended or put on review when even a cursory look at their account would show that it was a mistake, a glitch in the system, and not something they did wrong.

Highlighted
10 of 18

That got me chuckling! Smiley Happy Thanks Preston for the laugh in the midst of this annoying situation.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS