cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspension: Possible to Remove?

Marvin D Member Since: Aug 11, 2015
1 of 7

Hello everyone.

I am writing now to know if anyone was able to retrieve their accounts after suspension?

Here is my case:

I used to own an agency but it was a small scale agency with less than 5 freelancers. It only operated for a couple of months then after which, I decided to close (means I went to settings then clicked the "close this company" button). Then after 4-5 months, oDesk emailed me, that was Dec 2014, that my agency is performing so low though I know it myself that all my clients are satisfied since they are only 3 who gave us trivial contracts and on that date, my agency was long since closed.

Moving on, my account was suspended last July first week. I tried talking with the CS then finally, they said, I can still bill my current contracts and withdraw funds. Then lately, after a month of suspension, I noticed my Job Success Score is now 100% and even got a Top Rated badge. So with that, I contacted CS to let them know and have my account be reviewd but they said it will only be reviewed after completion of all my current contract.

The problem is, my 4 contracts are all long term and will continue indefinitely. I do daily and periodic jobs with their accounting books. I can't possibly end them prematurely. Though it is not yet my problem now, I just feel I lost my chance to apply for a higher rate and better business now that I am one of the Top Rated freelancers.

My question is, Is it possible to remove the suspension of my account after the review? Why am I asking? It is because, I feel that after the end of all my current contracts, there is too high chance of my account be forever be suspended but if I at least have one contract, an hourly one, then at least Upwork won't be able to close my acocunt as my client will be bothered if I can't work. Will Upwork really review them and possibly have my account be return to normal?

What do you think?

Thanks for any thoughts or any sharing of the same scenario as mine.

Maxim S Member Since: Aug 12, 2015
2 of 7

I didn't understand, what was the reason for the suspension? Was it that "the company was perforing so low"? or was there another reason?

Community Guru
Claudia Z Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
3 of 7

Marvin, many clients are intelligent and their decision to hire is not based only on the Top Rated badge, many ignore it. They take in consideration different features on your profile, read the feedback, the rating ect...

Best you can do to remove the suspension of your account after the review, is to make sure when the current jobs end they truly reflect a consistent and successful Upwork work history.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 7

People get suspensions removed every day.

Waqas A Member Since: Nov 12, 2014
5 of 7

Don't worry Marvin. Your account will reinstated but it will take 2 or 3 days. I faced same issue 2 months ago and my suspention was removed in 2 or 3 days. Also avoid to create another agency in future otherwise you will br suspended  again.

Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
6 of 7

Okay this got me a bit nervous. I created a client account just in case I need to hire someone for my website but I haven't so much as done anything as put a name on it.

Should I close it to avoid something like this?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 7

Hi Robert James,

As long as you added a client-company to your existing Upwork account and didn't create a completely new account, you should be fine. You will just switch between your freelancer and client profiles by clicking on your picture in the upper-right corner and choosing from the drop down menu.

I hope this helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS