🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Account Suspension ( Temporary Account Hold)
Page options
mahrukh_frk
Community Member

Account Suspension ( Temporary Account Hold)

I have a question.
My account was suspended due to make payment outside the upwork. But I didn't do intentionally so my account was recovered in less than one hour and half.
So my question is that:
The one I made deal with the client outside, on SKYPE. Because he said he was new so he don't know how to verify payment method and send the offer. So that's why I made decision with him to have SKYPE ID. But the project is not started yet.
Can I work with him and continue with that project outside through SKYPE, or it's that not right. DIRECT CONTRACTS ON UPWORK WORK?
Does it has any concerns with Upwork Violations after my account reinstated?
4 REPLIES 4
jared_k
Community Member

Why would you think it's alright to accept payments outside of Upwork when you admit you were already suspended for that very thing? It's also against the TOS to communicate via Skype or any other method of communication other than Upwork's until you have a contract with a client.

You're pretty much doing everything you need to do to get kicked off the platform. Honestly, freelancers like you make it more difficult for the rest of us, clients and freelancers.

I won't do with the confirmation of Upwork team.
I know the terms and conditions of Upwork,
I'm asking for have a reply to make a direct contract with client on Up work, if that's not right somehow. That's why I'm posting here for confirmation reply. Please don't say anything you don't have knowledge of, or at least don't assume things too early!!
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mahrukh,

Accepting payments outside of the platform is a serious violation of the Upwork's Terms of Service no matter if your account was reinstated for the same reason.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Okay I won't do this then,
Thank you for letting me know.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members