cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account Suspension and Deactivation

Hashir A Member Since: Sep 16, 2014
1 of 3
I was 17 and working on oDesk for three months and now I asked them to deal with the fund transfer but they said you are underage and they suspended my account and I told them that I was going to be 18 after a week but now they are saying they cannot let me work any more as I am underage and they have right to do that but I have earned $75 approx and it is my hard earned money and I asked them if I could withdraw my hard earned money, I am waiting for their response now.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sk Arif H Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 3

Hello Hashir,

Sorry to hear your problem Smiley Embarassed

But as per oDesk policy, which is mentioned here:

https://support.odesk.com/entries/23057932-Am-I-eligible-to-work-on-oDesk-

"With a few exceptions, most everyone over 18 and with an Internet connection can work on oDesk, and we're proud to support a thriving network of global freelancers."

Though you had started your freelancing career with lots of promises, but you may missed to notice or overlooked one rule, which I have highlighted in the above line.  

I wish you all the best for your future success and you would continue your journey as a freealncer in another platform following all the rules of that platform so that you can avoid mishaps.

Good luck and have a good day Smiley Happy

Regards,

Arif

Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
3 of 3

You probably will not get the money as it was earned while you violated the oDesk rules. Under those circumstances they are not only under no obligation to send it you.You need to read more carefully in the future to avoid more problems.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS