🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Account Suspension due to Using VPN
Page options
hmsd
Community Member

Account Suspension due to Using VPN

Hi there!
Two weeks ago and right after I finished my first project, Upwork asked me to verify my identity. So, I sent an image of my ID card and bank statement to prove my address. After three days, my account has been suspended without any notification or email. I created a support ticket and asked for the reason or explanation.

After two days, somebody answered me that because I’m usually logging in from my registered country but sometimes from different countries, they suspended my account. It seems he/she didn’t hear anything before about VPN. I explained that sometimes I use VPN so my IP would not be same every time I log in if my VPN is on. After two days, asked me to perform identity verification through video chat. I did it two days ago. Right now and two days after identity verification by video chat, my account is still suspended and there is no response to my support ticket.

1- Could somebody explain this behavior to me? Is it reasonable? Should I wait more?

2- As I searched before in this community, Upwork users are completely allowed to use VPN (for example: here and here). So, why my account has been suspended because of using VPN?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Masoud,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Like shared previously, using a VPN is not a violation of Upwork TOS. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon. Please allow time for our team to carefully review your account and respond accordingly. You will be notified of their response.

Edited to add: One of our team members already updated your ticket and your account has been fully restored.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Masoud,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Like shared previously, using a VPN is not a violation of Upwork TOS. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon. Please allow time for our team to carefully review your account and respond accordingly. You will be notified of their response.

Edited to add: One of our team members already updated your ticket and your account has been fully restored.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
atanu-majumdar
Community Member

My account also in suspension mode due to access of VPN. Can anyone help me out of this. What next step should I have to take in order to activated the Account

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Atanu,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members