🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Account Suspension
Page options
rogelia6240
Community Member

Account Suspension

Hello, I receive an email today that my account was put on hold or suspended because it says that my "account was flagged for account sharing". I only have one account in Upwork and I never violated any terms. May I ask why this happen? Since I have two contracts that were recently started and I am just started building my career or profile in Upwork to attract more clients. Hoping for a response to this problem. Thank You.

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Why do YOU think this happened?

The reason for this temporary hold is maybe because of this situation:

Early in the morning, My sister named Charmine logs in on her Upwork account on her desktop, who has also a verified freelancer in Upwork with a 100% job score. She told me that her account was put on temporary hold because of profile sharing. And, then I check my account too on a different desktop. Unfortunately, my account was also put on hold because of the same reason. As I search and read here in the Upwork community website for related issues, there is an issue that somewhat has the same reason on us why our accounts were put on hold. 

Before my sister starts working in Upwork for maybe three months now and she asks me to make an Upwork account too. I answered to her that I will make my Upwork account if she proves that Upwork is legit, then the time comes that she cash out her earnings from Upwork so I make my own Upwork account and got verified. Since I do not have a desktop yet before, I am using her desktop for my first landed contract in Upwork since we are living in the same household. And when I cash out my earnings, I buy my own desktop and invest some to continue my career in Upwork. However, I have another sister named Margie and a brother-in-law named Erwin who is also interested on finding jobs in Upwork due to the pandemic happening now. So, I lend them my desktop whenever they want to find jobs. There are three Upwork accounts logs in on my desktop with the same IP address. And, I think this was the reason maybe why my account was put on hold because of different users with the same IP address. 

I never violated any terms of Upwork actually. I read and follow their terms and rules. So, as of now, I am really worried about my account since I am still building and keep improving my profile to attract more clients. Also, I have two contracts existing, one is started in February and one is just started yesterday, wherein my client already sent an offer but I never start to work on an hourly basis. Actually, I will start work now however, this issue came to me. 

I just hope there is someone who can help me to solve these issues. I will be forever grateful if someone would help me to be back on Upwork again. Upwork is my only way to suffice my online classes finances now. 

Also, may I ask for the existing contacts, can I still use the Upwork time tracker and work for the contract even if my account was put on hold?

Hoping for a clear and detailed response on this. Thank you.

Regards,

JoanneP

Hi Rogelia,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks, Joanne for the reply, but may I ask if we can work on the existing contract using the time tracker now even if our account was put on hold?

Hi Rogelia,

I'd recommend that you kindly respond to the ticket. Our team will be reviewing it and update you directly on your open ticket to assist you further with your account status. Thank you.  

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members