🐈 Community
tahir491

Account View is showing clients also. Why?

Hi,

I have just got the "Top Rated" badge and now my "Account View" ( the dropdown at the top right area) is showing my active clients also in the list. 

When I select any client from the Account View, it shows the following,

"

No Messages!

Once you Post A Job or Search for Freelancers, your messages will show here.......... etc. 

"

(Screenshot is attached for reference).

I am confused whether it is because of the Top Rated badge or its a bug? as I dont see any use of it. 

If someone would have about 20 active clients, the list will become too long.  🙂

I personally thnik, its a bug. 

If anyone is also seeing this, please confirm so that I may know that I am not a tree in desert. 

Regards

30 REPLIES 30
javimoregarc

Hi there,

I think it is a bug.

I remember I could see something like that when I had top rated status.

Now - without top rated status - I cannot see it anymore. Smiley Happy

Kind regards,

Javi

I cannot view any page but the messages page.  Unfortunately I need to withdraw money and there is no way to do anything.  Hope it's a bug!

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi William,

Did you select your freelaner profile from the menu? 

Untitled
suzedablooze

I've got the same problem (and I'm not top rated).

Shows a list of all of my clients. It appears you can click on them and even send messages using their ID - but I've not tried it so I don't know if this really is the case.

I thought this problem was just me, as I put a ticket in recently because I have both a client (my own) and a freelancer account and messages from my clients were going into my client account, by mistake.

There's some odd shananigans going on in the Upwork messaging system, for sure.

Hi Susan,

You can click on their name in the menu but you can't access your client's Message center or any other area of their profile.

Untitled

Hi Vlad,

I can click on a client (there's a few in the list) and open their message center, but no messages show. I can create a room and invite people it seems. I've not actually gone through the process however, for obvious reasons.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tahir and others,

Thanks for the heads-up, we're taking a look into your reports. If you haven't already, please contact Customer Support so they can follow up with you.

Untitled

Here I have mentioned a similar issue and you can  have Moderator Lena's reply here.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Upwork-telling-me-I-have-signed-up-for-more-than-one-acc...

That's interesting. I just checked and my client's name appears there too.

Just opened a ticket for that issue as per Vladimir's post.

Not sure if the name is intended to be displayed there when we have open contracts but better safe than sorry. 

iaabraham

My clients are all showing up on that drop-down list and I'd like them removed before Upwork claims that I'm doing something suspicious and suspends me. I don't want to report this to CS, because they're useless. Please can a mod look into this.

Same here!

I have the exact same  problem. All active contract clients show in a drop-down menu for me as well. And I agree with Isabelle, CS is useless, so I don't want to waste my time with them either.

evetodew

Yup, I have lots of current clients there right now, I think all of them actually are there... Smiley Surprised

Reminds me of that time when profiles got mixed. Is it happening again??

It's not a bug, it's a feature. Upwork now lets us approve our own work and payments. Thanks, Upwork!

**edited for Community Guidelines**

p.s. According to my menu bar, I've got three instances of Upwork's app running. Data security through redundancy, I guess.

@Douglas Michael M wrote:

It's not a bug, it's a feature. Upwork now lets us approve our own work and payments. Thanks, Upwork!

p.s. According to my menu bar, I've got three instances of Upwork's app running. Data security through redundancy, I guess.

Michael,

Is your client's name also listed alongside your name? Are there more than the two of you in that "room"?

This (sent) message always shows in your message thread once you've submitted work.

I am not sure why your name is up there as well - I only see my client's name...

Other than that, it looks the same. The "Review the work" button doesn't work for freelancers, only for clients.

I can't say anything about the time tracker (if that is what you are referring to as Upwork's app) as I never use that.

Edit: and why would it show when working on a fixed-price contract?

Ela

@Ela K wrote:

Michael,

Is your client's name also listed alongside your name? Are there more than the two of you in that "room"?

yes

This (sent) message always shows in your message thread once you've submitted work.

OK, thanks! You learn something old every day.

I am not sure why your name is up there as well - I only see my client's name...

Nor am I. It[Upwork's reframing of my message with the approval form] makes it look as if I am being sent the message[, too.] (written by Upwork, not me).

Other than that, it looks the same. The "Review the work" button doesn't work for freelancers, only for clients.

Glad to hear it. Given all the givens, I didn't dare touch it.

I can't say anything about the time tracker (if that is what you are referring to as Upwork's app) as I never use that.

I'm only referring to what I saw in my Mac's menu bar.

There were indeed hourly options attached to my "contract" window, which. I closed without action. That's before I noticed the apparent three instances of Upwork programs.

Ela

Best,

MM

p.s. Thanks for the illustration! Deleted for confidentiality.

There were indeed hourly options attached to my "contract" window, which. I closed without action. That's before I noticed the apparent three instances of Upwork programs.

Ela

Best,

MM

It's one of the things I fail to understand: the fact that all active contracts, whether hourly or fixed-price, can be selected in the drop-down list attached to the work diary.

But since I only log manual time I don't know what happens when you use the time tracker tool. I have on one occasion accidentally logged time on one of my fixed-price contracts because I never expected it to be listed (I only had one open hourly contract at the time).

Well, it's Upwork. If a feature is not counterintuitive to some degree it probably doesn't get implemented...

Hi Michael,

When you submit the work for review on a fixed-price contract, it's recorded in the room you have with the client. It will show as a message from you. The messages look the same for you and for your client. You will not be able to approve your own work and release the payment.

Also, note that I removed the screenshot as it contained private communication.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Michael,

When you submit the work for review on a fixed-price contract, it's recorded in the room you have with the client. It will show as a message from you.

Thanks, Valeria! To all appearances, the "frame" message from Upwork was a message to me (and my clients).

The messages look the same for you and for your client. You will not be able to approve your own work and release the payment.

Glad to hear it.

Also, note that I removed the screenshot as it contained private communication.

Inability to quote self, or make my own private communications to unknown parties public duly noted.

Thank you.

Best,

Michael

suznee

I am seeing the same thing, my account, my client account and my client's account.

prizane2006

This happened to my account 1 month ago when I was not top rated, it has happened again when I'm top rated. So there's no connection of the top rated badge and list that appears in the drop down menu. It's a bug that was fixed by Upwork(in my case) that came back to haunt us again.

Cheers,

Sujan

@Tahir A wrote:

I am confused whether it is because of the Top Rated badge or its a bug? as I dont see any use of it. 

If someone would have about 20 active clients, the list will become too long.  🙂

I personally thnik, its a bug. 

If anyone is also seeing this, please confirm so that I may know that I am not a tree in desert. 

Regards

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

The issue has been reported to our engineers and they are working to resolve it urgently. We will update this thread once the problem is fixed.

Sorry about any inconvenience and confusion this has caused you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valería, thank you for moving my post to this one, I have been reading the messages and now I know is an issue.

Regards!

Rodrigo

rodribarcelo

Hi, I have serached this tread in all the forums, but I couldn´t find anything. I don´t know if this is a new Upwork Feature, but there is clients profiles in my account. Is this normal? Please check the screenshot. Thank you

Rodrigo

rodribarcelo

Hi Valeria, I also notice that I recieve messages like I´m am the client. Please check the screen shot, a client submit the second and last milestone but the contract is still active. And in message in recieve two aproval message, one form the client and one from my own account, this is weird right: Please check the screenshot

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Not sure why we would need to have our jobs added to the profile pull-down.

Its silly enough that I need two profiles in migrating from Elance: 1) one for the jobs I hired people on and 2) one for the work Ive done as a freelancer. But now I have icons for each of the jobs that Ive worked on. This is uneccessary. Navigating to jobs should be done through the jobs tab not thru your profiles.

When the jobs I work on were added to the profile pull-down it pushed down my second profile (see above). Now I have to scroll down to see both of the profiles I normally use. 

Lets remove the jobs from the profile pull-down. 

had to scroll down Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 2.00.26 PM.png

I noticed this same issue recently, but I can't tell you if it happened after I received my Top Rated status. It's confusing because it feels like I have access to my clients' accounts, but there's no job info or contact info or anything really, under those screens.

Hi Laurel and others,

The issue with the names of the companies showing in the drop down menues of freelancers' profiles still persists for some users. The team is working heard to resolve and fix it for all users.

I would also like to assure you that you will not have access to your clients' sensitive information and vice-versa

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks Everyone,

The issue appears to be resolved. Clients are not showing in the dropdown now. 

Regards

k_medlin

Hi,

I just went to my name in the upper right hand corner of the site... along with MY name, there are 3 of my clients names O.O what does that mean? 

On another note: I've suggested this before but I thought I'd throw it out there again. Would it be helpful to you to get an auto generated email notification from a client when they download a file (Just like we get an email when someone replies to our posts). I realize that there are outside sites that do this but I'd rather keep my Upwork stuff within Upwork... does that make sense? Anyway, I think it would be helpful.

Thanks!

Keith