🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Account and Identity stolen.
Page options
dragos-vrabie
Community Member

Account and Identity stolen.

Hi, my account was suspended, and I know why. About 3 months ago, an individual contacted me saying that he will pay me 100$ if he can use my identity to create a new account on upwork. He contacted me through Fiverr. I obviously said no, but he did't respond back. After a few days, I go on upwork and see that my account was suspended. Now I want to work here again and tried creating this new account, forgetting about my previous situation. It was suspended again. I even tried changing my name and adress, in hope that I could use this service again. I can prove who I am through ID and passport, but I don't know how to contact upwork to do that. If anyone wonders, I have the transcript of the messages that the person sent me through fiverr. I would like to know, what can I do to prove my identity and start using upwork again. (this right here is the old account, the only one where I can submit a new topic.)

7 REPLIES 7
colettelewis
Community Member

Vrabie D wrote:

Hi, my account was suspended, and I know why. About 3 months ago, an individual contacted me saying that he will pay me 100$ if he can use my identity to create a new account on upwork. He contacted me through Fiverr. I obviously said no, but he did't respond back. After a few days, I go on upwork and see that my account was suspended. Now I want to work here again and tried creating this new account, forgetting about my previous situation. It was suspended again. I even tried changing my name and adress, in hope that I could use this service again. I can prove who I am through ID and passport, but I don't know how to contact upwork to do that. If anyone wonders, I have the transcript of the messages that the person sent me through fiverr. I would like to know, what can I do to prove my identity and start using upwork again. (this right here is the old account, the only one where I can submit a new topic.)

Vrabie,

You seem to have a very short-term memory, but I have flagged your post so that a moderator can help you. 

versailles
Community Member

Vrabie D wrote:

Hi, my account was suspended, and I know why. 

We beleive you. We do.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
JoanneP

Hi Vrabie,

I checked your account, and I can see that our team has reached out to you regarding the status of your account. Please log in to your account and go here and kindly follow-up on the ticket so that the agent can assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you, but unfortunately that link expired.

Hi Vrabie,

Our team reached out to you via ticket with additional information. Please follow the instructions there and feel free to follow up with any additional questions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dragos-vrabie
Community Member

So as I understand, you have problems reading yes? Where did I say that I sold my account, and where did I say that I stole another one's identity? I changed my address, that's it.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

All,

A few posts have been removed from this thread as they were against the Community Guidelines. I'd like to remind everybody that posting public accusations of misconduct, incompetence or other wrongdoing isn't allowed in this Community.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members