pragmaterect

Account banned. Please help.

Can someone help me.

I have a tremendously successful and great profile with many hourse worked and many jobs done.

But my account was suspended 2 years ago. and eventually permanently suspended. Yes 2 years.

Risk management said duplicate account was the issue. Well, i cant deny, considering what i did unintentionally not knowing the policies.

Since then, i have tried to convey my apology, requests and all to the risk management team, but they simply close the ticket not even answering.

I believe nobody actually reads through my mails in person. They dont reach any decision maker. They are being closed by either programmed systems, or much lower tier customer support stuff.

Is there anybody, who can atleast fwd my words to higher authority? Tell them about this guy who has great past records and apologizing?

Atleast some one personally should consider my case for once.

41 REPLIES 41
jansherbaloch

Hey there. 

It’s sad to hear about your account. I am also facing account suspension due to using auto clicker app which I know is against upwork policies but I used it for taking breaks as breaks are also paid in normal job. Customer support asked me to get my account verified and once verified they will be able to assist me further but unfortunately the other department who needs to verify the account always reject my documents. 

I have sent them passport, utility bill, different bank statements, my National ID but with no luck. One of my friend face account suspension back in 2014 without any reason.

The conclusion is, once you are ban on upwork, there is 99% chance of no return. The level customer support doesn’t have access to any of the data and as far as the level 2 is concerned they never bother to help you out. 

For me upwork will never allow us to work again. 

@Jansher B wrote:

Hey there. 

It’s sad to hear about your account. I am also facing account suspension due to using auto clicker app which I know is against upwork policies but I used it for taking breaks as breaks are also paid in normal job. Customer support asked me to get my account verified and once verified they will be able to assist me further but unfortunately the other department who needs to verify the account always reject my documents. 

Yeah, no. 

You're not on a "normal job" - you're a freelancer, you're responsible for your own breaks, not your client. He's not your employer who's obliged to pay you for breaks. If you want a break, stop the app. Simple. You cheated; you knew your were cheating and still did it. And it clearly says in the rules that if you do cheat, you'll get booted out. 

Sorry but this time CS and their competence has nothing to do with this. You broke the rules - you got caught, you got banned. 

"Yeah, no. "

LOL  Yeah, my reaction too.

Well said Bojana! But now I come to think about it, four weeks paid holiday is pretty common in a normal job, so I might get one of these autoclickers so I can be earning away while sitting on the beach in some exotic land for a week or two. Seems fair Smiley LOL

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)

I was going to respond, but chose to keep reading instead. So glad I did.

I needed a good laugh and at one point, I even snorted and scared the cat. 

Did you account recovered? And can you able to withdraw the balance finally?

3dee_vision

Yeh. I believe so. Still, what i feel is that the tier 2 never actually reads out our messages personally.

Well I could be wrong, but when you get the 'you're banned' message, doesn't it make it pretty clear that the decision can't be reversed and you're not going to be allowed back, ever? If that's the case, then why would they reply to your messages or pass them up the chain of command?

I don't think it's a case of 'time heals all wounds' when it comes to account suspension. I mean, is there something truly magical that has happened in the last two years which they should take into consideration?

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)

Well Scott, since you talked this way, let me give you the other angle as well.

I would loved to, and still try to get activated in upwork as i love the platform.

But its obvious im not sitting jobless for 2 years. Leaving aside my businesses through classical method of direct contacts within my country, let me just tell about the businesses i did by outsourcing.

You ofcourse know its not too tough to get through a great amount of client's profiles and contacts in upwork? Sometimes they directly provide details in profile, and sometimes researching through past freelancer's feedback, location of client, etc?

In this 2 years, i really cant remember the number of clients i picked using upwork, contacted them directly. Being humble but honest, with extremely high skillset of my team, it was never tough to convince them for business.

So that client eventually gets out of upwork, becomes my permanent client, working from outside, never returining to upwork in atleast my domain.

All these would not happened if i would work through upwork itself.

So whose loss it is now?

Admitting to disintermediation is a great way to get your account back. 

Is this like one of those times when you beg your gf to come back and when she says "meh, nah" you say SCREW YOU I CHEATED ON YOU ANYWAYYYYY

Reading the above posts, several cliches came to my mind....

1. Skeletons tumbling out of the cupboard. 

2. "Foot in the mouth" moment.

3. Repeat offender.

What's else can you think of? 🙂 😄 😉 

P.S: Sorry Souragni and Jansher, I couldn't help myself....

Nikhil, i take your comment in a lighter note.

Jennifer, i got your point. But u know, as i said, i would never done that if they didn't treat me as a robot, like sending spam mails regularly.. And they closing without a word.

Not to mention, marking me somewhat like a criminal. Created another account? So you have done something ''illegal'.... As if i am peddling drugs or something...

Scott's comment intrigued me, thats only why im speaking openly.. Its really for Upwork's favor if they see these messages. I know other people also, who are banned, doing same thing. Snatching the clients from here by direct contacting.

OH YEH, very much legally, as long as we are not hacking something, and picking infos from open platform.

So they better update their site, and lock those contents to banned members.

And possibly thank me for this nice thread for them.

Souragni,

Your comments reminded me of a movie, "Catch me if you can..." based on Frank William Abagnale; he was charged for counterfeiting bank cheques...but then he went on to become a Law Enforcement consultant and helped banks to identify the loopholes in their system.

tumblr_inline_nt01ruOV4P1rrpuje_500.gif

lol Jennifer your reply made me think of this story.... 

@Mariska P wrote:

lol Jennifer your reply made me think of this story.... 

oh good grief. She went back to him too. Woman Frustrated 

@Souragni G wrote:

In this 2 years, i really cant remember the number of clients i picked using upwork, contacted them directly. Being humble but honest, with extremely high skillset of my team, it was never tough to convince them for business.

So that client eventually gets out of upwork, becomes my permanent client, working from outside, never returining to upwork in atleast my domain.

And you have just killed any chance, which may have been minute anyway, of ever getting your account back. I hope they bar your access to the site as well now so you can't keep stealing clients.

herrr derrrr  I make so much money stealing clients off the platform. I is busnizz guy and I will post it on their forums. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Souragni,

Your account has been closed for multiple serious violations of Upwork Policies, not just for creating multiple accounts. It's not eligible for reinstatement and therefore all your requests will be closed.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Can we keep him on the forum though Valeria - please!  Heaven knows we need some light relief occasionally.

Valeria

Just to let know know that I was using Odesk years ago on a project. That ended and I went away. So now I'm back and my acount was still there after years of non use.

Thank you.

Dale

Looking forward to:

"But wait, there's more! When I need to recruit, I send clients to Upwork to sign up new workers and then they both jump ship to my company! See all the self-defeating things Upwork makes me make them do just because they won't let me back to do them myself?"

...or whatever the next argument/admission may be.

bontemps

take it as a blessing...

Whats benned???????????????

I just logged out, and I don't even see a way to get to these forums to post without first creating an account. Did I miss something?

@Cathleen C wrote:

I just logged out, and I don't even see a way to get to these forums to post without first creating an account. Did I miss something?

Cathleen, when you login into Upwork (to access jobs, Profile, Reports, etc), your logged into the Community Forums. At least partially.  This is what should happen:

1. Log into Upwork - complete that step

2. Click the Questionmark at the top right of any of your pages (next to the notification icon) and then select Community and Forums - complete that step

3. Now, look at the top left menu. 2nd item should be Sign IN. Click that. Completing this step should work without you having to input your Upwork account credentials.

If you are already logged into Upwork, but are asked again for your crendtials when you access the Community Forums, that is a tech issue and it should be reported.

@Pandora

Thanks for the tips.

I should have been more clear on my post. I am wondering how the OP, and a couple of others in this thread, are able to even post complaints here in the forum, when as far as I can tell, one must create an account in order to post in the forums? In other words, if you don't have an account and it's been suspended, how can you even post in the forum?

@Cathleen C wrote:

@Pandora

Thanks for the tips.

I should have been more clear on my post. I am wondering how the OP, and a couple of others in this thread, are able to even post complaints here in the forum, when as far as I can tell, one must create an account in order to post in the forums? In other words, if you don't have an account and it's been suspended, how can you even post in the forum?

Ah! A totally different kettle of fish, (sorry got Fish n Chips on the brain today). Well, seeing as how I lurk in the forums every day, at differnt times, I see A LOT....8-10 a week maybe, posts in the forums from Upwork users who have been banned/suspended.

We use the same credentials for each side, Upwork and the Forums.  There is a back-end connection (the softare that runs the forums is NOT made by Upwork, and is not part of their code).

Because of this, so long as a user can "login" to Upwork, they can "login" to the forums. Suspended users can still log in to Upwork. I would go so far to guess that Banned users can also. They just can't do ANYTHING with their Upwork Account.

Finally, users can't be suspended unless they have accounts.

Furthermore, and this is partially based on research and partially on tidbits from the Mods, and finally, a smidge of conjecture on my part:

It's almost certain that banned accounts do not "leave" the system. Meaning, the profiles are still there, and visibile up to a point. Searchable, yes indeed. Show up in client search results. Yep. Inflation of numbers, if you get my drift.

LOL. If you haven't already, you will probably start to notice the number of brand new "why have I been banned?" threads that show up in the Freelancer forum each week. There are also a couple of related threads that some newly banned and supspended users reply in, instead of posting a new thread.

@Cathleen C wrote:

A suspended acount is still an account, and unless the account has been banned from the forum they can still log in and post. They just can't apply or work or withdraw funds.

OK, thanks Pandora and Petra, that explains it.

screeler

You know... 

If I were banned for life I probably wouldn't want to come back . 

I don't understand why people ask for help here when freelancers can't help get an account unbanned... or can we? Am I not privy yet to some magical lancer power? 

@Mariska P wrote:

You know... 

If I were banned for life I probably wouldn't want to come back . 

I don't understand why people ask for help here when freelancers can't help get an account unbanned... or can we? Am I not privy yet to some magical lancer power? 

1. They don't realize they have violated the TOS and don't know they have email about this from Upwork, so they post in the forums.

2. They do know they have voiolated the TOS, and don't know they have email about this from Upwork, hope to get their account back anyways, so they post in the forums.

3. They don't realize they have violated the TOS, and are impatient for Upwork to re-instate them, and give up waiting for the Team that is handling them to respond. So they post in the forums.

4. And my favorite - They can't read English well enough to understand the email they received regarding the ban, so they post in the forums. Then, Valeria or someone else responds to them, and from there, I'd hate to be Valeria and Support. It's probably a nightmare.

5. Finally, all sorts of "other" reasons too.

Support isn't the best. Support for this is no better then other Support we get (or not, as the case may be).

And no, ONLY Support can un-ban. They even have a team for this, but gosh darn, I can't recall the name of this one.

so there's no lancer power Pandora.... ? Woman Sad

@Mariska P wrote:

so there's no lancer power Pandora.... ? Woman Sad

Not even going to go here, heh.

bah. you're no fun Pandora. *pouting and crossing arms* 

If an account is permanently suspended, then it shoud be a permanent ban. It should mean that the banished person can have nothing  to do with Upwork at all after receiving this sentence, however arbitrary it may seem.

It is cruel on Upwork's part to hold out hope to  someone (in this case, the OP), who has made sufficient mistakes, to get him/herself permanently suspended. Valeria ( as spokesperson) has made this manifestly clear. And while I (and others) may think that the OP has not got the message, it is also not fair to allow that **bleep** of light at the door.  A clean cut would be kinder. 

There are other ways of finding amusement than tearing the wings from flies.

Edted to add: Please see Coffee break for the **bleep** of light

I'm going to check the coffee break room for that bleepy thing but I'm first going to amuse myself with bleepy type words to see what goes with '.... of light'.

Nichola... I went to the coffee break room and

I don't see a bleepin post on your bleep of light thingy... 😞 

I have now posted it and you will find the **bleep** word - hidden. Unless it gets bleeped again - in which case pm me.