🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Account blocked cousin unable to login
Page options
6f5ad4e4
Community Member

Account blocked cousin unable to login

Hi, my cousin has had his account blocked since Sunday day 4. He said received the following email:

I notice you already have another ticket open for this same issue. I will contact the agent handling your existing ticket now and then close this duplicate.

Please look for a status update on that ticket thread. You should respond to the agent there if you have additional information or questions about the same issue.

Link: 33990493

It is important to keep everything consolidated into a single ticket to be certain those working on it have all the details

How can he access the ticket thread when he cannot log into his account? He tried to transfer payment from his account to his bank on Sunday but didnt remember his security answer, "first pets name". From then the account was blocked, he has not received payment from his client and his client needs to set up the second millstone. 

What do you suggest to resolve this? As mentioned he cannot access this forum and has not received any reply from Upwork on getting his account reactivated and his payment released to him.

Many Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jonathan,

Your cousin would have received a notification to their email address about this ticket. They can reply to the email to communicate directly with the team and address the issues with their account. Please note that we're unable to discuss any details of the account with you because of privacy reasons.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

When a ticket is generated, users can access their tickets through their Upwork account and the email address associated with the account. I can see that he filed a support ticket, but the team assigned to assist him is yet to respond. Tickets are addressed by the order received, and the team will get back to him once they receive your cousin's ticket in their queue. On my end, I will follow up with the team so that they can get back to him soon. 

As a gentle reminder, please know that users are not allowed to share their account. The team will follow up on your cousin's ticket with more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
6f5ad4e4
Community Member

Hi Avery, thanks for the response, what shall my cousin do in the mean time?

He cannot login on the community forum as he is totally locked out of his account. Will upwork respond to him via his email address? Its the only way for him to correspond.

Also what happens with the pending payment that was released last sunday? Will he receive it as normal? His client would like to add a second milestone to the existing project.

Please clarify all points above and I will pass onto my cousin

Kind Regards

Hi Jonathan,

Our team will share more details with your cousin on their ticket directly. We can't share details for another user with you, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

As my cousin has no access to view the forum/community because he is locked out of his account please correspond with him directly on his email address that he had registered with. 

I think you misunderstood, my cousin has no access to this forum so the ticket is irrevalant. He needs to be corresponded via his email address and so far received non due to the fact he is not a top seller I presume. 

6f5ad4e4
Community Member

" but the team assigned to assist him is yet to respond"

Hi Avery, do you know what timeframe typically a response is given? My cousin said its now day 5 of not having access to his account and needs to receive his first millestone payment into his account. Surley it should not take this long to verify his account?

6f5ad4e4
Community Member

Hi, my cousin has had his account blocked since Sunday day 4. He received the following email:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

How can he access the ticket thread when he cannot log into his account? He tried to transfer payment from his account to his bank on Sunday but didnt remember his security answer, "first pets name". From then the account was blocked, he has not received payment from his client and his client needs to set up the second millstone. 

He is waiting for his payment received on Saturday to be released to him but still has not received it. 

How can he resolve this? He is unable to join the community as he can not login hence he asked me.  So what do you suggest? If someone can message me I CAN forward you his email address. He needs to log into his account to review the second millstone on his current project. 

Regards

Many Thanks

Hi Jonathan,

Your cousin would have received a notification to their email address about this ticket. They can reply to the email to communicate directly with the team and address the issues with their account. Please note that we're unable to discuss any details of the account with you because of privacy reasons.

~Andrea
Upwork
6f5ad4e4
Community Member

Hi Andrea, thanks for the answer, I have told my cousin and he said its been 4 days now and still no reply, he has replied about the ticket via his email inbox but still no resolution. What sort of time frame does it typically take to resolve these events?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths