cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account blocked.

kichka_ksenia
Ksenia K Member Since: Jan 8, 2015
1 of 13

Hello. I have found a new client. We agreed about job and payment, but he had a lack of time and asked me to help him to change the job and hire me on oDesk. He gave me his login and password. I agreed for this and I have done this. But I am working using one browser and I couldn't be in both account at the same time. So I was starting to work. But I have got email soon - this contract was suspended! And after this I got a new email - my account was suspended!! I wrote into support, I asked them two times why my account was suspended, but they didn't gave me answer on these questions.  They only said "I’ve reviewed your account with our team and it seems your account was closed due to irregularities detected by our system." They don't want tell me a reason. I think I haven't done any bad action and I want to work in oDesk. I have good rating and a few completed jobs. Also I have some funds and I cannot withdraw money.
May you, please, help me?

Regards,

Ksenia

forcitcample
Community Leader
bharti s Member Since: May 3, 2010
2 of 13

That's Voilation of polices of oDesk for which you have been fired from platform .

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 13

Hi Ksenia,

Sharing log in information and logging into other users' accounts are very serious violations of oDesk Policies.

We appreciate your understanding.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kichka_ksenia
4 of 13

Hello, Valeria,

I don't see any policy on this issue.

"You are entirely responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your Account username and password" - this sentence refers to customer, but not freelancer (I think).

"You authorize oDesk to assume that any person using the Site with your username and password or your Agency Account passwords, and the username of any Agency Account added by a Agency Account Administrator (if any) either is you or is authorized to act for you." - I think this rule allows actions similar to explained above (my story).

" You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect or become aware of any unauthorized use of your account" - I think that oDesk should ban me only if the customer have notified them (oDesk) about violation.

What do you think?

If I missed any policy in oDesk Policies - please show me.

mkprabhur
Community Leader
Manoj Kumar P Member Since: Nov 12, 2014
5 of 13

Please read the freelancer policies or client policies on the right hand side, which clearly specifies

"Only one user per account, and one account per user—accounts should not be shared or duplicated in any way."

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 13
This is an insane conversation. I can't believe this even needs to addressed. The original poster who said they logged into their client's account for them has such a deep misunderstanding of how computer systems work that I am not sure she could ever be trusted to work on them.

First of all, yes of course it is against oDesk policy.

Secondly, there does not need to be a written or posted policy in place for you to know not to do this. ODesk has not posted a specific policy telling you not to go to your client's house, break off a door knob with a crowbar, enter his home and replace his dog with a hamster, but that does not mean it is okay to do it.

Listen... Logging in as somebody else is wrong, because when you do so you are undermining the very bedrock of a multi-user information system. I create login systems and full-fledged information systems from scratch. I have access to every nook and cranny of these systems, every account, every back end record, every byte of data. I am essentially supreme ruler and Creator of these systems. But even I can not log in as somebody else, because I set up systems with passwords which are so heavily encrypted that there is no way for even me to retrieve them. Not even by accessing the password field in the database directly. It is one-way encrypted. Only the intended user who owns the account can use the account. This is how important this is.
chintanj
Hiren P Member Since: Nov 17, 2015
7 of 13

What are the reason behind Upwork Block our account?

I just need to know what are the scenarios behind Upwork can blocked/suspend my account.

Any advice in smilar issues will be very appreciated.

Kindest regards.

kichka_ksenia
8 of 13

Thank you. Can I create a new account if my first account was blocked?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 13

I am sorry, Ksenia, but you are not allowed to create a new account as it will be considered a duplicate account and will be suspended as well.

Thank you for understanding.

~ Valeria
Upwork
ankit-s
Ankit S Member Since: Jan 20, 2016
10 of 13

This happen same to me and I am also facing same thing. Please help us

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS