🐈 Community
meriem27
Member

Account closeb by upwork

Hello. This week upwork send me an email saying we need to make a verification of my account. I send them my government ID card and a copy of my payoneer monthly statement of the month of August but after all they said that my account had violation and closed it and saying that their decision is final. Really i am choked. Coz i work in upwork since it was odesk. 5 years of work and i am a top rated freelancer. I don.t know what i have to do now. I am ready to fix what they want but not closing my account. They didn.t even inform me about what kind of violation. Really i am sooo sad. If someone can help me
14 REPLIES 14
mtngigi
Member

I imagine it has something to do with your photo, which isn't you at all. Upwork is cracking down on profiles that are not entirely truthful.

But this is a mistake that is not intended, may be i am wronged to not read all the upwork rules and restrictions, but i think that just asking me to put a real photo would be better than closing my account that  worked hard to reach a top rated status, can anyone advise me what i can do now, i am really lost. I need help. please

 

Why are you at a loss? Ryan (an Upwork forum moderator) just told you what you need to do.


@Meriem N wrote:

 i think that just asking me to put a real photo would be better than closing my account 

 


Actually I'm upset to see that someone who is faking their profile can have their profile reinstated simply by making it right.

 

Your profile should get a permaban.

 

We are all more that fed up with all you fakers.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless


@Rene K wrote:

@Meriem N wrote:

 i think that just asking me to put a real photo would be better than closing my account 

 


Actually I'm upset to see that someone who is faking their profile can have their profile reinstated simply by making it right.

 

Your profile should get a permaban.

 

We are all more that fed up with all you fakers.


 +one million

Hello Rene

 

I want to clarify something, putting a wrong photo was not  an intended action,just i hate photos in general, even in my last job my manager asked me to put my photo in the team page i asked him  just to put a silhouette with my name, and that's why i uploaded a ramdom photo from the web that is known to everyone, i asked once a friend who worked in upwork he said to me that is not  important,I  am wrong to not read all the rules of Upwork, but to punish me with closing my account after 4 or 5 years is very hard. 

cylver1z
Member

Hello Meriem,

 

We had sent you an email regarding your video verification. Please settle that first so we could have your suspension lifted.


Untitled

Hello Rayan

 

I made a verification but she said that i gave her wrong answers while i checked my settings and all details are true, then send them my government ID with a statement of my payoneer account but they just answer me that i am in violation and closed it. Please suggest me what to do, i have a contract which i didn't get my payment yet and upwork closed it automatically, and most important i don't want to lose my account, really i am ready to put my real photo send all documents they need in the original language and translated by a certified translator, just keep my account, pleaase if anyone knows how to help i will be so grateful.

 

 


@Meriem N wrote:

Hello Rayan

 

I made a verification but she said that i gave her wrong answers while i checked my settings and all details are true, then send them my government ID with a statement of my payoneer account but they just answer me that i am in violation and closed it. Please suggest me what to do, i have a contract which i didn't get my payment yet and upwork closed it automatically, and most important i don't want to lose my account, really i am ready to put my real photo send all documents they need in the original language and translated by a certified translator, just keep my account, pleaase if anyone knows how to help i will be so grateful.

 

 


 Did you just change it to the right info after you got caught? I have a feeling a lot of these complaints are from people who change it after and then play the "omg everything is true I sent my info and look it's true" game.

no i didn't change anything, and i think they have their way to verify if there is any changement in account information  and it's time

versailles
Member

Just had a look at her portfolio. Thank's goodness the clients can't read the target language.

 

Honestly if this profile gets a permaban, it would be for the good of the platform.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Basically i work on translation projects from English to Arabic which is my native language. Maybe my English is not good enough but as i said before i translate to Arabic which is my native language , and i do it vrey well, i translated books that are sold  on Amazon,web content for many companies,  i will not list all my successful jobs, just want to tell you that in all my contracts i satisfyed my clients, and most important that i am a hard worker, deliver on time, respect my clients and from here i got a Top Rated status nd  successed to keep it  for more than 2 years . Finally, i think that  In these platforms, everyone has his way to achieve success.

Sure, and your French sucks but you're still translating into it. Well, I guess clients get what they pay for 🙂

 

I love those forums 🙂

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Around 4 years or more i just accepted 2 or 3 jobs in french , very simple ones, at least in my field ( English- Arabic) i am professional and i think that there are so many clients in Upwork that need freelancers like me, so why you are for excluding me from it? Maybe i am interested to you but interested to others??!!!