🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Account closer fears
Page options
annastasia-wanji
Community Member

Account closer fears

Hi Guys.

I need your help. I had a client I worked with for a while, and then I decided to end the contract. He refused to pay me the last 2 articles I had worked for, and he promised that he would not use them. I closed the contracts and tried to sell the articles to other clients.

Lo and behold@! when I went to check the articles on Copyscape, I found that he had used them. So I sent him a message on upwork that he should pay me.

Now, he keeps writing me messages that he shall pay me thought PAYPAL and he writes it clearly, with the intention of having my account closed.

What can I do so I dont lose my account?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Annastasia K wrote:

Now, he keeps writing me messages that he shall pay me thought PAYPAL and he writes it clearly, with the intention of having my account closed.

Simply tell the client to pay you through Upwork.  Don't get into a slanging match. If the client offers to pay through PayPal, simply say "No, I need you to pay me through Upwork as we are contractualy required, otherwise I'll have to issue a DMCA takedown notice as you have published content that is my property."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Annastasia K wrote:

Simply tell the client to pay you through Upwork.  Don't get into a slanging match. If the client offers to pay through PayPal, simply say "No, I need you to pay me through Upwork as we are contractualy required, otherwise I'll have to issue a DMCA takedown notice as you have published content that is my property."

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members