cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account deactivated/suspended if you don't get project in 2-3 months?

ahmedmehran11
Mehran A Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
1 of 3

Hello Upwork coummunity members,

Since i'm new to upwork so I want to know, is it true that if a newbie couldn't get any project within 2 or 3 months, his account will be deactivated by upwork or is there any time limit given by upwork for a new freelancer to get project for his survival on the platform?

Thank You Smiley Happy

Mehran Ahmed

holymell
Community Guru
Melissa C Member Since: Jul 22, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3
I don't know if there's a time limit. I think it's more about the conversion rate. If you're spending all your connects every month and applying to everything you might be able to do, and not getting work, you would likely be in danger. It's also about the proposal quality. If you're sending 30 nearly identical proposals, that's looked upon as spam.

Took me two months and 34 connects to get my first job, I believe.

Just don't spend all your connects. Apply only to jobs you know for sure you can do. Address the client's problem within the first two lines of your proposal.

Clients only initially see the first two lines of your proposal and your profile, so make those two lines count.

I was afraid of this, too. It could still happen to me, or anyone else. Just do your best. Don't get lazy and send proposals all willy-nilly.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

ahmedmehran11
Mehran A Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
3 of 3

Dear Melissa C, 

Thank you for taking your time and response for my post really appreciate that. Smiley Happy

I'd like to ask one more thing, that is what if after sending quality proposals a person can't grab a job since there's too much competeion for a single job posting. In that case it'll take much time to grab a project.

Thank you for your consideration Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS