🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Account got hacked and 4200 USD lift by hacke...
Page options
mayur7301
Community Member

Account got hacked and 4200 USD lift by hacker

Dear Upwork community,

On 25th April 2022, in the morning when I tried to login my account, but it was suspended. So I can't logged In. I found mail from Upwork "due to suspicious activity your account temporarily got suspended"  So I verified my account by uploading documents and Upwork says within 24 hours we will verify your account. But 72 hours later as well my account was not activated. Then I contacted them again and they verified my account on 29th April 2022 and activated it but when I checked there was no money in my account, Upwork already transferred 4200 USD on 25th April 2022 to someone Japanese Bank account which I have not added. I didn't get any notification and mail while someone was adding a bank account. Two factor authentication by google authenticator is already enabled in my account, still hacked.

How can someone add a bank account on Upwork which does not match with my name?
Why I didn't get any mail or notification about this?
I am from India and why does Upwork allow someone to add Japanese bank details with my account?
If the account is suspended then How can Upwork transfer the amount?

It's a big question mark on Upwork "Trust, Safety & Security".

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do now to get my money back?

Thank you,

Mayur B.

5 REPLIES 5
759e32fa

Hi Mayur,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. One of our agents will follow up with you on your ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
mayur7301
Community Member

Hi Annie,
Yet, I didn't get any reply from Upwork regarding issue, they just saying we are investingating your case.

Hi Mayur,

Thank you for your message. Our team is already working on your concern and one of our team members will respond to you as soon as they have an update for you. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
chillynguyen
Community Member

That is scary! Is there any update? 

Responded but not satisfactory...!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members