🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Account hold without any explanation
Page options
pervitskiy-vadim
Community Member

Account hold without any explanation

Never thought that such a thing could happen to me
I've been working on my the last contract for more than 1.5 years 25hours/week , my client was happy and confident with my work
I never worked outside the Upwork...
I got 100% Job success score and became Top-rated

On the 8th of Jan, one from my first Upwork clients have written to me asking whether I can create a small SSIS package.
Initially, I wasn't going to....but the client explained that this is just one .csv file needs to be processed to MS SQL DB...

From the prev contact, that client had my skype id and her husband or relative has have written to me (he had the same last name) and sent an example of file...
According to the user agreement (even for my client), it was not a violation to give my contacts to the third-person if we going to work and make payments only at the Upwork...
once I've checked the file I found that I've already had a template where I need to apply just a few adjustments.
So I told them to create a new fix- priced contract at the Upwork and I would send my SSIS package after that.
So they did but did it from her husband or relative profile.
In a day the client confirmed that package works fine and approved the milestone and shortly after that my account been blocked... and that's it...

writing to the Upwork support is smth like writing to the nowhere... nobody cares nobody answers...
Once I've got notification from the Upwork that I have to re-pass my verification I've initiated a call where I was asked a few simple questions about my profile and was told that I'll get information within 48 hours...
but after 48hours nobody wrote to me...
I sent plenty of messages.. the majority were ignored... in a couple of days, Upwork support answered that I had to pass another call and that they suspect my in ToS violation but what exactly I have violated they never gonna say
I thought that before blame smbd doing smth you should have strong evidence but not your own guesses or supposes... In the end, I scheduled a call to the nearest time

but 2 hours before the call, they told me that they can't participate... And told to reschedule the meeting...
the nearest time for rescheduling was in 10 days only on Jan 28 (UTC).
Again I had a call, I answered all the questions about my profile and my working skills...
I showed my driving license with a photo and what do you think? .... nothing again (during the call I was told that the Support team will write to me within 24 hours)
24 hours passed but again no ANY messages from them...

The most annoying thing is that more then for 20 days nobody explains to me what has happened and it looks like this madness will never finish!

Frankly speaking, I never faced such an attitude from any company or any support.

The question which can be resolved within a day or two can't be resolved in about a month!!

my customers from ongoing projects are also nervous... but it seems Upwork doesn't care about clients or freelancers...

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vadim,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I followed up with the team handling your case and you should be all set now. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vadim,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I followed up with the team handling your case and you should be all set now. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members