🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Account identity and bank information iss...
Page options
anas_avais
Community Member

Account identity and bank information issue

i logged in to my account after a long time and I added bank account to my account and after adding that bank account, it showed me a message that my account is on hold or temporarily locked cause of identity verification and upon providing identity verification there it has a name of my brother who has nothing to do with my account even though he made an account more than 2-3 years ago but it got suspended cause of inactivity.anyhow it showed me a name or identity with my brother name which I have provided his identity but the issue is now my payment information is disabled cause of name mismatch kindly help me out on this issue.thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad Anas,

You can only use any bank account that's in your name or is a joint account that has your name on it as a withdrawal method. As long as it matches the name on your profile (your name,) you should be okay. If your brother's account is only on his name, you won't be able to use it as your withdrawal method on your Upwork account!

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to further advise you regarding your specific case.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad Anas,

You can only use any bank account that's in your name or is a joint account that has your name on it as a withdrawal method. As long as it matches the name on your profile (your name,) you should be okay. If your brother's account is only on his name, you won't be able to use it as your withdrawal method on your Upwork account!

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to further advise you regarding your specific case.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan

Thanks for your response. I get that what you are saying but my question is based on 2 points.

1- My account identity was questioned and on that popup it was mentioned, my brother's name and asked to provide ID card having that name(mentioned on that popup of identity verification). and i am unable to understand this. even though I provided the ID card image of my brothers on this very profile as it was asked in that popup.

2- My bank account has the same name as that of my profile name but still there is a beneficiary mismatch name issue being visible on my GET PAID tab. Does it has to do with that identity name thing cause on identity it showed my brother's name?

Need guidance in that regard

Thanks

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad Anas,

It looks like you already received a support ticket about this concern from our team. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place.

I'll also follow up with the team about your case.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths