🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Account in limbo - accepted months ago
Page options
bobsmith60
Community Member

Account in limbo - accepted months ago

I created an account a few years ago while in college and was rejected (understandable). I reapplied after graduating and was rejected again (ok fine whatever). I earned an official certificate in my field a couple of months ago, reapplied, and was accepted - I can see job postings and even upgraded today to a paid account (my payment was accepted). The problem comes when I try to apply for work: I can't. I went over to support to try filing a ticket, and lo and behold, I see a message at the top: "It looks like we could not accept your application to join Upwork. . . ."

I can't start a ticket, I can't apply for work, and I can't even post/reply/message in the community (this is a burner account [sorry - not ideal, I know] for the purposes of getting help that I'll delete when my issue is resolved). Help! 

Edit: I can even fill out the proposal, but when I try to submit and confirm, I get a message saying I've been suspended. I can't see why, I haven't received any notification about that, and this message appears nowhere else on the site.

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Bob, 

Please send me a PM with the details of your account so I can check. You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

What details should I provide?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bob,

Could you please send me a PM with a username and email address of the account you need help with? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members