🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Account inactivity consequences
Page options
helionprime
Community Member

Account inactivity consequences

Hello,

I've been active o upWork for a long time. During all these years, I've kept my JSS to 100% with 24 jobs, maximum feedback got a Top Rated flag and that new shiny blue checkmark on my profile.  However,  lately, I'm unable to work due to many family related obligations, baby, healthcare, and stuff. Therefore my account is inactive for the last couple of months (latest job closed three months ago). 

This is what happened so far:

1. In order to play fair with clients, I've set my status to Not available, as I don't want to waste someones time to invite me to the job I can't work on at the moment.
2. After one month, my account went to private (which is ok). 
3. Now after three months, my Top Rated flag has been revoked due to inactivity.

I'm concerned with what's next as I really don't want to lose my hard worked status here on upWork, but on the other hand, I'm not sure how long I'll be inactive.
Can you give me an advice please and what are the next consequences of inactivity?
Does it help if I switch to Freelancer Pro membership? It's not a problem if I have to pay the membership, just to keep my profile ready and with awesome stats for the next client in the future.

It took me years to build a good reputation with hard work and longterm clients, and it's not fair to have it stripped down like this in a matter of months, without any possibility to "freeze" status or something.

Please help.

Sincerely yours,
Dusko.

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Dusko B wrote:

I took me years to build a good reputation with hard work and longterm clients, and it's not fair to have it stripped down like this in a matter of months, without any possibility to "freeze" status or something.

If you are inactive and have your profile set to not available, why would you care if there is a top rated badge on it or not?

The top rated status will be returned provided you meet the criteria once you start being active again.

No, Plus membership does not make a difference.

Hi Petra, and thank you for your reply. If my top-rated status will be returned, that's fine by me. I'm wondering what are the next steps (if any) that upWork do to my account due to inactivity. After one month, it's set to private, after three months it lost top rated badge. What can we expect next to happen? After 4, 5, 6 months?

Thank you.

Dusko B wrote:

After one month, it's set to private, after three months it lost top rated badge. What can we expect next to happen? After 4, 5, 6 months?

Eventually there will not be enough outcomes in your 6 month JSS window, so your JSS will be calculated from the better of your 12 or 24 month windows. I that is lower, your JSS could change.

In the past Upwork has closed long term (years) inactive profiles for inactivity.

What if you have an active contract but your client has stopped com municating with you? Also the should I just end the contract or let it stay active?

Mark Raymond D wrote:

What if you have an active contract but your client has stopped com municating with you? Also the should I just end the contract or let it stay active?

Either is fine

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members