🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Account information please- *edited*
Page options
a353628b
Community Member

Account information please- *edited*

Please see 

**edited for Community Guidelines**

May I please know why my account **edited for Community Guidelines** has been suspended

For your information the account had quite a bit of reviews and have earned quite a bit of $$$ earlier please see attached

My email address is **edited for Community Guidelines**

24 REPLIES 24
a353628b
Community Member

My account was suspended during elance times and when I call upwork support (numerous times) nobody has a CLUE why it was suspended by elance.

So whom should I contact and escalate this issue.

I have called upwork support so many times indeed.  **edited for Community Guidelines**

Without a reason how can upwork maintain an account suspension? 

Sorry, I'm not an Upwork employee so I can't do anything about your suspension, and obviously I know nothing about your Elance history so I can't tell you why you were suspended in the first place. Please don't send me any more private messages about this.

I received an email notification from Upwork that began: "Great news! An Upwork Plus client wants to chat about their project." But it was from the OP of this thread, complaining about their account being suspended. I hit the green "reply" button in the email and my response was posted here. WTF?

Hello Christine,

I really hope my question gets the attention it deserves and does not get dismissed as the usual suspended account's rant.

Genuinely no one in upwork knows why my account in elance was suspended. Even I do not have the slightest inkling why it was suspended at all

Elance suspended my account and upwork maintains the suspension WITHOUT knowing why my account was suspended in the first place?

Thanks for your reply

Chris

Chris S wrote:

Hello Christine,

I really hope my question gets the attention it deserves and does not get dismissed as the usual suspended account's rant.

Genuinely no one in upwork knows why my account in elance was suspended. Even I do not have the slightest inkling why it was suspended at all

Elance suspended my account and upwork maintains the suspension WITHOUT knowing why my account was suspended in the first place?

Thanks for your reply

Chris

May I ask why you're just now asking why it was suspended? That's kind of suspicious. 

Amanda

That's a good question

I have been asking this question in the SAME forum  many times during the past years.

When I try to ask the question using my registered email address i.e info ....chrisranjana.com the forum does not allow me to post and shows me a category drop box and I'm not able to proceed firther

So if my earlier posts have NOT been deleted by admin you could find them here

Also even though I have completed ID verification already, I am open for identity verification once again.

Plus if upwork customer service persons are here, they can vouch me calling them throughout the past years.

Thanks Amanda

Well, this is interesting - I received an email notification that I had a private message from the OP, but then when I responded to it, my response was posted here in the forum.

Upwork, is this some new thing that you're testing? 

Atleast I have helped upwork unravel a bug maybe.

Christine

" Please don't send me any more private messages about this."

Sorry I missed this sentence. I apologize for sending a PM about this issue. It will NOT happen again.

Chris S wrote:

Christine

" Please don't send me any more private messages about this."

Sorry I missed this sentence. I apologize for sending a PM about this issue. It will NOT happen again.

I appreciate the apology, but I'm more concerned about how my response ended up in the forum. The email said that you're an Upwork Plus client - is that even the case? (Sorry if I'm taking your thread off topic but I'm a bit freaked out that this happened!)

Christine

"I appreciate the apology, but I'm more concerned about how my response ended up in the forum. The email said that you're an Upwork Plus client - is that even the case? (Sorry if I'm taking your thread off topic but I'm a bit freaked out that this happened!)"

I saw your name among the top most helpful persons in the community. I wanted to gain your attention to my post and so I sent private messages to a few persons. I regret the action and once again apologize for the same. So this may not be an upwork issue at all.

Christine A wrote:

Sorry, I'm not an Upwork employee so I can't do anything about your suspension, and obviously I know nothing about your Elance history so I can't tell you why you were suspended in the first place. Please don't send me any more private messages about this.

I received an email notification from Upwork that began: "Great news! An Upwork Plus client wants to chat about their project." But it was from the OP of this thread, complaining about their account being suspended. I hit the green "reply" button in the email and my response was posted here. WTF?

That's really weird. I got a similar message and responded to it from within Upwork messaging rather than via email and it ended up where it belonged.

Tifffany

Same that would be me too.

I wanted you to take a look at my issue so I messaged you.

Tiffany S wrote:

Christine wrote; I received an email notification from Upwork that began: "Great news! An Upwork Plus client wants to chat about their project." But it was from the OP of this thread, complaining about their account being suspended.

That's really weird. I got a similar message

me, too...

Enough T.o-S violations from that new fake account to warrant a brand new suspension all on its own...

"Chris" - or whatever your real name may be, just give it a rest. What's the point of trying for years to get back onto a platform that clearly doesn't want you on it? And please stop spamming random strangers from a fake client account, that is sooooo beyond unacceptable behaviour and proves such poor judgment that it only serves as a hint that the suspension of your original account probably wasn't such a bad idea anyway.

a353628b
Community Member

" What's the point of trying to get onto a platform that clearly doesn't want you on it? "

At the very least upwork could let me know the reason for not allowing me to work on their platform. My grouse is no one in upwork even knows why my account was suspended in elance, Thanks for your advice Petra

and 

"And please stop spamming random strangers from a fake client account, that is sooooo beyond unacceptable behaviour and proves such poor judgment that it only serves as a hint that the suspension of your original account wasn't such a bad idea anyway."

I wanted to point to my post and I did not have any other intention, least of all spamming you good folks.

Chris S wrote:

" What's the point of trying to get onto a platform that clearly doesn't want you on it? "

At the very least upwork could let me know the reason for not allowing me to work on their platform. My grouse is no one in upwork even knows why my account was suspended in elance,

The merger was in 2015, so you would have been suspended at least five years ago, if not longer? If Elance didn't tell you the reason at the time, and Upwork hasn't responded to your requests for the past five years, then Petra is right and you should move on with your life.

"The merger was in 2015, so you would have been suspended at least five years ago, if not longer? If Elance didn't tell you the reason at the time, and Upwork hasn't responded to your requests for the past five years, then Petra is right and you should move on with your life."

Hello Christine,

I have been calling and emailing upwork and elance (before) and you are right they have NOT responded with a real reason behind the suspension for such a glorious acccount with so many 5 star reviews and with so many $$$. (please see attached)

This isn't a love affair to move on after a breakup. This is business and I guess I have a small right to know why they singled out chrisranjana and banned the company and best of all upwrok does not have any record of the reason

petra_r
Community Member

Chris S wrote:

I have been calling and emailing upwork and elance (before) and you are right they have NOT responded with a real reason behind the suspension

They don't have to. Stop it and move on. Your fake account now alone is reason enough for permanent suspension.

a353628b
Community Member

"Your fake account now alone is reason enough for permanent suspension"

This is not a fake account I'm using a different email from the same organization

Earlier it was info AT now it is contact AT but the organization is same it is **edited for Community Guidelines**

petra_r
Community Member

Chris S wrote:

At the very least upwork could let me know the reason for not allowing me to work on their platform.

How does that even matter? You're suspended.

There are way too many freelancers on the platform anyway. Why would they add any more they (or their predecessor) already decided they don't want?

a353628b
Community Member

Petra

You do remember it was you who said it

""There are way too many freelancers on the platform anyway"

and I merely pointed out the obvious

Hi Christine, and Tiffany, 

I'll go ahead and look into this and get back to you once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Christine,

I'm sorry about your experience. I sent you a private message and would appreciate if you could help with the troubleshooting process I mentioned there, so we could investigate your report further. Thank you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Christine A wrote:

Me too! With the added touch of images on elance of their rating. Like elance has been dead for years now people. Move on.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chris, 

I have requested the team to reach out to you through your old account so that you can be assisted further with your account concern. Kindly refer to the team's email so that you can be assisted further with your account. 

To comply with the Upwork Terms of Service, please close this new account where you are posting from to avoid violating the Upwork ToS. 

Please also be mindful of the Community Guidelines when posting in the Community. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members