cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account is suspended

Jyoti K Member Since: Mar 7, 2015
1 of 56
I am a freelancer on odesk for the past 6 years and My account is closed on 5th may 2015 (the day it became upWork) and no reason is given. I would love to have this fixed.  more so, I would like to be educated on what I did that caused this. I have client projects going on and have some $$$ in the account.Nevertheless, oDesk closed my account because of "irregularities" and offered no further reason. Help? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Cristian-Adrian F Member Since: May 6, 2015
2 of 56

Well, I can see you are a member since seventh of March, not as you are stating. If it so, and your story is true, I smell a big rip-off on the behalf of Upwork. Have you tried posting a ticket? They're always answering this kind of issues.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
3 of 56

@Cristian-Adrian F wrote:

Well, I can see you are a member since seventh of March, not as you are stating. 

I think that date only shows the first time sombody posted in the forum.

Best,

Ela

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
4 of 56

@Cristian-Adrian F wrote:

Well, I can see you are a member since seventh of March, not as you are stating. If it so, and your story is true, I smell a big rip-off on the behalf of Upwork. Have you tried posting a ticket? They're always answering this kind of issues.

So Cristian-Adrian you've only been with Odesk a few days I guess. You only joined on Wednesday. How could you have this kind of knowledge in only a few days here?

She has over 7,000 hours on Odesk and you've only had one job!!!! 

I don't think that gives you the right to insinuate that Odesk/UpWork is trying to rip her off.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Cristian-Adrian F Member Since: May 6, 2015
5 of 56

No need to be so abnoxious, chill down.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
6 of 56

A bit blunt don't ya think? Let's respect our fellow members. We can always be pro-platform in a friendly and polite manner.

BTW -- A lot of us are pro-platform. Nonetheless, by "pro-platform" I do not mean as an advocate of Upwork. Any such posts should be accompanied by appropriate disclosure.

Ron aka LanWanMan
Highlighted
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
7 of 56

Emer

Sorry to hear about you.Can you tell us what is your job successs % and i think your profile picture is also voilating  you should have to fix it as well you can contact Upwork customer help so they can tell you the exact reason.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mr M Member Since: Apr 27, 2013
8 of 56

@Iftikhar I wrote:

Emer

Sorry to hear about you.Can you tell us wha is your job successs % and i think your profile picture is also voilating  you should have to fix it as well you can contact Upwork customer help so they can tell you the exact reason.

yes maybe he is suspended due to his picture but before any suspentions there should be warning email msg Smiley Tongue  not happy  at all.

"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"
Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
9 of 56

Name and picture might be it, still don't see how that would warrant an instant suspension though on a user with 7k hours. I reported a complete fraud 10 days ago with plenty of evidence, he wasn't suspended, so it doesn't make any sense. Please tell us that you got plenty of warnings that you chose to ignore.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
10 of 56

Freelancer stated account was closed not suspended, so it had to have been a big violation to get the account closed. Working for someone off of upwork, 2 accounts, something t hat was a no no.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS