cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account is suspended

Highlighted
Timothy C Member Since: May 15, 2015
31 of 56

Sorry for double-posting. I started a thread about this and thought there had been no replies because I'd received no notification by email, so I posted here. There had, however, been replies. If I'd known that, I wouldn't have sinned.

One of my jobs in the last two years surely had no negative private feedback because my Job Success went from 25 to 40 percent. Another can't have had bad private feedback because the same employer gave me another job shortly after. I wouldn't have expected the second job to incur bad private feedback, having done so well with the first. That leaves just the one job where there was no public feedback.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
32 of 56
Timothy, Vital information was left out of your original post then. If you JS moved from 25% to 40% then you must be aware of the cause why it was at 25% in the first place.

How is it you ended up with a JS of 25%? I am convinced you must have some idea. Furthermore there is no way CS would not have contacted you about a JS of 25%.

Please clarify. The community cannot assist if we are being misled.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
33 of 56

One of my Big Points is that I have no idea how my Job Success could be so low. I thought my record was illustrious. I think I clearly remember it used to be 25 percent, but you make me wonder.

Highlighted
34 of 56

As I will explain, I'm certain some of Upwork's figures are wrong.

Looking at the last two years, my most recent job brought me $337. I got a 5-star rating. This person won't have given me bad private feedback -- they recommended me to another company, although that project has yet to go anywhere.

Two other jobs had 5-star public feedback and paid $20 each. These were from the same party, so I'm sure that at least one would have earned me no bad private feedback. I don't think I would have been bad mouthed over the second, either, because the jobs were proofreading, and if they liked the first one, they'd have liked the second, because it was of the same standard.

Another job, worth $23, got no feedback, but I can't imagine the person was annoyed with me because it was for a voice recording and they knew what my voice sounded like before they hired me.

The lowpoint was a job worth $60 for which I gave a refund because the feedback was only 3.9. I've done five other proofreading jobs which got me 5 stars and I like to boast about it. I thought the guy's two minor complaints were unfair, but let's not go into that.

So I believe there was a chance of bad private feedback in only one case, and even then, it won't have been poisonous because the guy wasn't that annoyed. My Job Success is only 40 percent. I think that figure is wrong. “My Stats” shows that no clients would recommend me, but one did recommend me and another gave me a second job. This number absolutely must be wrong.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
35 of 56

I agree it does not sound right. Maybe the mods could ask someone to run the numbers manually to see why this has occurred.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
36 of 56

I also agree you should press them to check it.

Another thing to bear in mind (again, purely going on the patchwork of information that has been gathered piece by piece from various sources over the last few weeks), any provate feedback lower han nine out of ten MAY reflect as bad feedback (bizarre as it may seem). so a cient may IN GOOD FAITH have marked you as a seven or eight on that scale.

Just saying, though it still doesn't exlain such a massive drop.

I also can't expalin why CS or oDesk towers aren't hounding you yet because of the score...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
37 of 56

Sorry i dont know if you are already terminated

Highlighted
38 of 56

Many thanks for those. After no posts for two days, I'd have been happy with any comment, but positive comments are fantabulous.

I would like the numbers to be run manually, but Customer Support didn't do that despite a number of entreaties. It would be great if mods could also ask.

I pressed CS as hard as I could, but they stopped replying to my messages. They did hound me: My account was terminated, which is as bad as hounding can be.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
39 of 56

Hi Timothy,

We will have your account reviewed again by the team.

Thank you for your understanding.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
40 of 56

@ Stephen

That is the point I made. I found it very strange how he could have had a JS score of 25% and still be active. Something obviously is wrong, and they need to check on it. But it seems you cant force these things since so often they just ignore many freelancers genuine requests.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS