Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account is suspended

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
51 of 56
Ela, losing 11% in one go is a hard pill to swallow, on top of the reason why. I still have hope that something will be changed (hopefully it is not misplaced).

We just need to find a way to have Upwork accept that it is not working as intended.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
52 of 56

@Setu M wrote:
Ela, losing 11% in one go is a hard pill to swallow, on top of the reason why. I still have hope that something will be changed (hopefully it is not misplaced).

We just need to find a way to haveUpwork accept that it is not working as intended.

Yeah, I was pretty upset. And it still s*cks.

But isn't it funny how we keep getting emails from CS whenever they have (miraculously) replied to a ticket and want us to rate the service provided? I don't just get one email - it's always at least 2 messages.

It just makes me wonder - why can't they "pester" clients the same way for feedback? Or have a feature like eBay - where you are always reminded that you still have to leave feedback for past transactions?

It's not that hard to do - it just seems that they don't want to establish a level playing field.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
53 of 56

@Ela K wrote:

Or have a feature like eBay - where you are always reminded that you still have to leave feedback for past transactions?

It's not that hard to do - it just seems that they don't want to establish a level playing field.

Now there is a good idea.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Jyoti K Member Since: Mar 7, 2015
54 of 56

Finally My account was reinstated on 22nd May. I cannot tell what a horrible time I went thru (sleepless nights) but eventually it made me a stronger person and gave me an opportunity to think beyond upWork. 

When I first saw email about account suspension I contacted the help desk and after 2-3 days I got an email that says

I’ve reviewed your account with our team and it seems your account was closed due to irregularities detected by our system. I am not able to reverse this decision. Your account will not be reopened.

I almost got an heartattack after reading this email. Seriously many of the freelancers would be going thru such trauma. The above message means that you start looking for some other option, we will not let you work on upWork. I was devastated and didnt know what to do after spending more than 7000 hours on oDesk I get such email without knowing the reasons. I had three running clients on upWork who supported methroughout this journey and asked me to work outside of oDesk. But I kept follwing up with oDesk and asked the reason for the suspension. I got a reply after 4 days. They suspected me having two accounts.. I had explained everything that I could and finally they asked me to do the Identity Verification and reinstated my account after 17 days. [ I was really hoping to get special treament since I spent 7000 hours without any dispute. Smiley Happy I thought I would be imp to upWork Smiley Wink ]

During the period of suspension, I read all the posts about suspension and ratings. It makes me think that  

1) Support is outsourced to some other country. I think it has been outsourced to East Asian country. You always get copy paste reply and they are vanished for 4-5 days. You get to see many posts about having patience but my questions is how much ?? There are people who are 100% dependent on upWork and if they get such reply, they might suicide out of furstration.

2) I fail to understand the new rating system. It keeps changing after every 10-15 days. I know some developers who are really good (better than I ) but their job success is 75% and not gettign any work. Which means client gives them great public feedback and screw up with private feedback. This needs to change at some point of time otherwise good developers will leave upWork and join comptetitor sites. I can see it happening soon.

Due to this rating system, you will not know that your job sucess has drastically come down due to one client and your account is suspended since it has gone below the permisible level. Bottom line is, freelancers are these days working under tremendous pressure, instead of concentrating on work, they are thinking about how client would rate me. There are clients who are really good but there are few who are equally bad. They never get satisfied ( rather they dont want to) even if you give them more than 100%. 

This needs to change and I really really hope upWork will think about it. At the moment I will stick to oDesk but will think about exploring other sites as well.

All I can say, your account suspension will be lifted if you havent cheated client or time tracker. If you have more than one account, it is better to close the one which one is less useful because the policies have been changed and you are tracked by upWork. They know which machine/ browser,IP you are using

Highlighted
rashid m Member Since: Jul 6, 2015
55 of 56

Hi,

My upwork accound was also suspended on 2 July. I am trying to contact Riask management team but not got any responce. I am top reated and more than 16K hours on upwork and I do not know why my account was suspended. I worked day and night and now feeling very hope less and because I am not got any respond from there. They also suspended my Financial account and My mother is on hospital and I am very upseat as my Financial account also suspended.  I do not know why they not responce and Please inform me my mistake My feedback is 4.84 and job success rate is 90% and I do not know what happend. Please help me and I am very upset.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
56 of 56

Hi Rashid,

I have checked your ticket and it looks like you need to complete all your ongoing jobs in order to appeal the suspension of your account. Please, refer to the original message from the team for more information.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS