Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account is suspended

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Grant M Member Since: Nov 9, 2014
21 of 56

To everyone reading this post.

If you are suspended without just cause then this is for you. If you've done something wrong then this is not!

For those of you recommending contractors to contact support, it will end in something similar to this. Below is a glimpse of my support request to have my contractor's suspension be lifted. Note I am not sure if I am allowed to post comments from support chat but it covers my expereince, and from what I have gathered many others.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

With that in mind, it appears there are people on the forums who are able to help! So I simply suggest you present your case and with some luck you will attract the attention of someone who can actually help.

Sincerely,

Grant

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
22 of 56

@Grant

It's great that you had your own concerns resolved (I've read that thread, and was very happy for you), but please be aware that posting Support chat transcripts is not allowed in the forums

You might want to link your post thread about your own experiance into your post in this thread. That is allowed.

In addition, please remove your chat transcript data before a Mod simply removes your post. Good luck!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Grant M Member Since: Nov 9, 2014
23 of 56

It makes sense they are not allowed, support is typically horrible and people would be able to backup thier complaints / issues.

Highlighted
Timothy C Member Since: May 15, 2015
24 of 56

I had the same problem. My account was terminated after six years because my performance was supposedly poor. I've done 72 jobs through what I now have to call Upwork and I got a rating of 5 for 60 of them. My overall rating is 4.81. 37 people made highly-positive comments.

But my Job Success shows as only 40 percent and apparently no clients woulld recommend me, although a number said they would in their comments. I believe these numbers are wrong.

I emailed Customer Support and 23 messages passed between us. They just kept saying again and again that performance is based not only on public feedback, but disputes, complaints, jobs where no feedback was left, private feedback, and "other stuff." I once initiated a dispute but it was turned down. One complaint was made against me after I swore at an employer who lied about me in his feedback. I did five jobs where no feedback was left, which isn't much. I can't imagine there was much negative private feedback considering the public feedback I received.

Customer Support got bored of me and no longer replies to my messages. I asked for the email address of someone more senior - the people I spoke to showed no sign of being familiar with my case - but I was given nothing.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
25 of 56

If we are being judged on the last two years then something is wrong.

All jobs for the last 2 years have a 5* rating and only 1 No Feedback.

So my question to the moderators is why would his job success be so low and his * rating be so low. True he did have old contracts with bad ratings and feedback but that goes back to 2009-2011.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
26 of 56

May be the robot is not just limited to past 2 years may be it has access to the whole history.

Highlighted
27 of 56

If you're talking about me, I think my record is good whether you look at just the last two years or all of it. I received no feedback for five jobs and feedback of less than 5 for seven; hell, it was feedback of less than 4 for just four. Out of 72 jobs, I don't think that's bad. I refuse to believe there was much if any negative private feedback, considering what was said publicly.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
28 of 56

Hi Jean and Timothy,

During a performance review the whole history of the account is taken into consideration including disputes, public and private feedback and clients' complaints. Job Success score mostly reflects the freelancer's performance during the last two years and can be improved overtime.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
29 of 56

Nice to see a mod getting involved.

I heard your line from Customer Support many times. I initiated one dispute. My public feedback has been great, and I can't imagine private feedback being much different. One client complained about me after I swore at him because he told lies about me in his feedback. In the last two years, I've had 5-star feedback for three jobs and no feedback for one. I made these points repeatedly to Customer support, but received no answer.

I only ever refunded one job. Much more than two years ago, I did something I think would count as cancellation. I don't think I ever left a job incomplete.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
30 of 56

Timothy, Try not to double post; rather link to your original post. The poor response you are getting from CS is frustrating but it is commonplace with these matters.

As I indicated earlier, I think his low JS score is primarily because of the low number of jobs in the last 2 years (5). With 1 known "no feedback" and even 1 unknown "negative private feedback", his JS would suffer greatly because of the law of averages.

This is why we see new freelancers suffering so much from 1 poor feedback. Timothy's low job count over the last 2 years is a similar case.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS