Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account is suspended

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
41 of 56

One of the things that really bothers me is my category.

I do resumes and CV's. These are usually one off clients who are brand new to Upwork and will probably never be back. 

On closing the contract they are asked:

How likely are you to rehire this contractor.

1-10

Now...if someone takes that sentence literally I could end up with a grand score of 0 or 1

It's not just my category but anyone who deals with new clients that will probably never need upwork again.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
42 of 56

Jean, I think we should meet.

This is the very same thing I have stated. I think there is definitely a problem with how loosely the question can be interpreted. And how trivial it make the effects seem.

For my jobs, a client will never need to consolidate a data set I was given to repair. So I almost never get repeat clients, therefore it is unlikely for this client to ever consider rehiring me.

I just cannot fathom why it is so hard for Upwork to accept a shortcoming and fix it. No pride will be lost.

***Edit - If we needed machines to interface with, then get rid of CS and all support staff. Human being differ from machines because of our ability to reason. Reason cannot be compared to logic. I am tired of complaining to machines.***

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
Cristian-Adrian F Member Since: May 6, 2015
43 of 56

'Jean, I think we should meet.' - Oh, boy, that escalated quickly.

I sincerely don't know why all my issues and tickets with CS are solved withing 3 days. They are a real help for me and answering really quick through Zendesk, even if I am a real pain and denigrator of Upwork on forums, that's undoubtedly ironical, but this involves some professionalism as well.

Highlighted
Community Guru
44 of 56

What is Zendesk??

A different help desk. I went to google and typed in Upwork Zendesk. 

Welcome to Zendesk. Our mission is to transcend the traditional and cumbersome help desk and bring beautifully simple online service support, free from unwieldy ties, infrastructure and costs to all.

Which let to this video

https://www.zendesk.com/product/tour

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
45 of 56

@Jean S wrote:

What is Zendesk??

A different help desk. I went to google and typed in Upwork Zendesk. 

Welcome to Zendesk. Our mission is to transcend the traditional and cumbersome help desk and bring beautifully simple online service support, free from unwieldy ties, infrastructure and costs to all.

Which let to this video

https://www.zendesk.com/product/tour

Jean, no offense meant to you at all, but I would like to clarify on your statements above:

Zendesk is one of the top tier SOFTWARE solutions for Help Desk teams. Zendesk provides the tool, Upwork provides the team.

Zendesk is not reponsible for the "perceived" issues with Upwork Support. <coughs>.

Disclaimer: If you didn't see the sarcasm in the above line, belive me, it's there.

Highlighted
Community Guru
46 of 56

I copies those verbatim and yes...got it Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Cristian-Adrian F Member Since: May 6, 2015
47 of 56

In this era, most businesses are opting for enterprise solutions regarding the ticket system or whatever's related to CS, so trust me, it does the job. Zendesk is a really popular support software that's being used by an impressive number of corporations.

Also, you can see that Upwork is offering full disclosure Fyi, if you go to  Help and Support section and use your mouse wheel/PgDn to get down to the bottom left corner and see: "Support Software by Zendesk". If you don't present such a device, then keyboard might get in handy, but that's really tricky and hectic instead... you know.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
48 of 56

@Jean S wrote:

On closing the contract they are asked:

How likely are you to rehire this contractor.

1-10

Now...if someone takes that sentence literally I could end up with a grand score of 0 or 1

I don't think it matters whether you get a 1 or 7, because my strong guess is that they're both measured the same way. The question follows the Net Promoter system, and according to the system, a rating of less than 9 is viewed as less favorable, with a rating of less than 7 being bad. Garnor did confirm that oDesk views a rating of less than 9 as less than ideal. 

What is the Net Promoter Score?

The Net Promoter Score, or NPS®, is based on the fundamental perspective that every company’s customers can be divided into three categories: Promoters, Passives, and Detractors.

By asking one simple question — How likely is it that you would recommend [your company] to a friend or colleague? — you can track these groups and get a clear measure of your company’s performance through your customers’ eyes. Customers respond on a 0-to-10 point rating scale and are categorized as follows:

• Promoters (score 9-10) are loyal enthusiasts who will keep buying and refer others, fueling growth.
  • Passives (score 7-8) are satisfied but unenthusiastic customers who are vulnerable to competitive offerings.
  • Detractors (score 0-6) are unhappy customers who can damage your brand and impede growth through negative word-of-mouth.

To calculate your company’s NPS, take the percentage of customers who are Promoters and subtract the percentage who are Detractors.

Source: http://www.netpromoter.com/why-net-promoter/know

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
49 of 56

I was in the middle of posting when I saw Krisztina's similar reply.

With how Upwork grades the private response system, as anything other than a 10 is failure; it would be better they replaced this

Leave feedback for EF Research.pdf - Adobe Reader (05-19-2015 20.00.36).png

With this

Upwork Help Center   Request#4294569 'Your chat was disconnected... (05-20-2015 15.53.21).png

Thats what we are getting now anyway.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
50 of 56

@Setu M wrote:

I was in the middle of posting when I saw Krisztina's similar reply.

With how Upwork grades the private response system, as anything other than a 10 is failure; it would be better they replaced this

Leave feedback for EF Research.pdf - Adobe Reader (05-19-2015 20.00.36).png

With this

Upwork Help Center   Request#4294569 'Your chat was disconnected... (05-20-2015 15.53.21).png

Thats what we are getting now anyway.

That question cost me 11% of my JS score - answered by a client I never worked for. Because I ended a doomed contract before it got worse.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS