cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account on Hold

Highlighted
Megan M Member Since: May 8, 2018
11 of 75

I have the same problem. I think it might be because I cropped my Driver's license picture to just be the ID. It is valid though. I just need my account to be taken out of the hold status so I can start some new projects.

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
12 of 75

Hi Megan,

Please go ahead and click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina
Melina H Member Since: Aug 1, 2019
13 of 75

Hello, 

I am experiencing the same issue.  

My account has been placed on hold after I uploaded my passport and UpWork was unable to verify it. I was told to contact customer service and the Community Bot / FAQ links do not provide a solution.  Please advise as to the next steps. Thank you in advance for your help.

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
14 of 75

Hi Melina,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Michael C Member Since: Oct 5, 2019
15 of 75

Hello, I'm also experiencing that issue with my account being on hold after trying to verify my identity. Could you please help me?

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
16 of 75

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that one of our team members already followed up on your open ticket. Please, feel free to follow up on your ticket and someone from our team will be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
shannon g Member Since: Nov 27, 2017
17 of 75

I am having the same problem. I have tried to resubmit documents, but I have no confirmation that anything is going through. The only option I get is to click "close" and hope something gets resolved. I am seriously pouting right now. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 75

Hi Shannon,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you with your verification.

~ Valeria
Untitled
shannon g Member Since: Nov 27, 2017
19 of 75

So I have not been allowed to use the site to send proposals for a while now because I have to verify who I am. I was told someone would contact me, but that hasn't happened. Every time I go to submit a proposal, even non-USA based jobs, I get prompted to reupload my ID. Every single time. Then once I do, it says it will be 3 to 4 days before I get a ruling. Can someone just look at my hidious ID (preferably not laugh) and verify me already? Please? 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
20 of 75

Sorry about the delay, Shannon. I'll follow up with the team and make sure you are updated via the ticket.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS