cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account on Hold

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
61 of 71

Hi Lauren, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Irem D Member Since: Jan 25, 2019
62 of 71

I logged in for the first time after months and uploaded my id when asked for it. now there's a hold in my account and no information on how to get rid of it?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
63 of 71

Hi Irem,

I just checked this for you and there is no hold on your account. It looks like you have already successfully verified your location.

We look at a number of factors in order to verify a freelancer's location. In some cases, we also ask freelancers to upload an image of their state-issued driver's license, ID card, Green Card or United States passport so that we can verify their location but in some cases, it's not necessary. 

Let us know if you still need any further assistance. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Nadia F Member Since: Mar 22, 2019
64 of 71

Hello

I am trying to hire a freelancer but he says that he can't accept my contract because my account is on hold. Could you please help me with that?

Thanks

Nadia

65 of 71

Hi Nadia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I just checked your account and I'm not seeing any holds placed on it.

I'll share your concern with our support team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist further.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Forrest W Member Since: Sep 4, 2019
66 of 71
I have the same issue. Please help.
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
67 of 71

Hi Forrest, 

It looks like you are trying to verify your location. I'll share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further with your concern. 

-Avery
Untitled
Forrest W Member Since: Sep 4, 2019
68 of 71
Same ossue
Jose S Member Since: Oct 17, 2019
69 of 71

I'm experiencing the same issue, I have uploaded my ID but the system wouldn't recognize it. I haven't been contacted to verify ID. Now work is on hold until Upwork allows me to post new Milestones.

Hope someone could help

70 of 71

Hi Jose,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS