🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Account open with old email and phone
Page options
judegomes
Community Member

Account open with old email and phone

can I open a new account in Upwork with the old email and phone number that I deactivate last time?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jude,

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
martina_plaschka
Community Member

No. 

petra_r
Community Member

Jude Saddeus G wrote:

can I open a new account in Upwork with the old email and phone number that I deactivate last time?

You can never open a new account, be it with the same email and phone or another one. All you can do is ask Upwork to reopen the old one.

You are not allowed to have more than one account ever, open or closed.

Do I have to open a new account by new mail or phone number?

Jude Saddeus G wrote:

Do I have to open a new account by new mail or phone number?

Which part of "No, you must never, ever open another Upwork account again" was unclear?

You can only ever have one Upwork account. If you close that, you can't create another one, ever. All you can do is to ask Upwork to recreate the old one. 

No new accounts. It's forbidden.

Hi Jude,

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a438963d
Community Member

but i have a problem in this account

Hi Amara,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please elaborate on what you need assistance with? We'll wait for your response so we can further assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork

I've an upwork account sciene 2008. But,  I didn't work on marketplace. Last one month I was bid on upwork. But, no response from client. Upwork also change my profile private lock. Should I create new upwork  account?

You are not allowed to create a new account.

You can ask to reset your visibility here : Profile Changed to "Private" – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths