🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Account put on hold
Page options
igorkrsmanovic
Community Member

Account put on hold

Hi. I have finished my verification process and got an email today with the notification that I have earned an Identity Verified badge. But, twenty minutes after, I've received another email that my account has been put on hold for "some irregular activity".
Also, this email contains a link where I should schedule another video call meeting, but none of the meeting hours is available. Can you please clarify to me what the matter is, and why my account is suspended? And how I should proceed further when I cant finish what they have been asked for?

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Can you please clarify to me what the matter is"

Igor:

It is highly likely that Upwork will not clarify to you "what the matter is."

At this time, you should focus your efforts on complying with Upwork's request to do a video verification with them. Try to use the link they provided to you. If there is no way to use it because it is not providing any usable time slots, then see if what they sent you provides any way to contact them.

Return here and ask for help if you can't figure any way to use what they sent to schedule or instigate a video verification.

To keep things simple, you don't need to explain to anybody that you already have done video verification and you don't need to ask why a new one has been scheduled. The people who will be conducting the interview won't be able to address those matters. They are a third-party service provider, and they just want to do their job, which is to conduct video verifications requested by Upwork.

JoanneP

Hi Igor,

I'll follow-up with the team that's handling your case, and they will update you directly on your open ticket. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members