» Forums » Freelancers » Account restricted because someone else
Page options
carlosacb
Community Member

Account restricted because someone else

Hi everyone!

Last week I received this message:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

So, I my account was completely blocked... ALL of it. It surely was by mistake, but I had to open another two tickets to be reenabled. Now is active again...

...BUT with this: "Financial transactions for XXX have been limited.". Upwork told me that they are waiting for that client's answer.

I have several issues with this:

• I had to open several others requests to get an answer on the first one. That's a lack of communication. And I opened another one today, btw.
  • I cannot do any transactions, not even buying connects with my funds. So basically, now that I don't have any, my account is, in practice, disabled.
  • I didn't have any milestones or pending payments with that client anymore. In fact, the only contract was idle, milestones were approved before because client never answered after the job was completed, and even payment was released after the 5 days waiting time.
  • And about that job, client DID confirm via chat everything was ok... And never showed up again.
  • So, despite the waiting time, why blocking my account, when client payed up, job was done, it was delivered, client's approved (via chat), and I've waited all 14+5 days? Contract was completed!
  • I think that client was one of "I need something done, and I'll be gone as soon as I have it" kind. The only job he/she has was mine.

I still have restrictions, but this morning the ticket shows up as "resolved" and asking for feedback. Why the ticket was solved? (I don't know if I can say the number here). I didn't get an answer or a solution. Of course I reopened the request, and my feedback wasn't... good...

This is completely UNFAIR and DISRESPECTFUL, blocking my account until a third party answer, someone that surely won't do it, and someone who my contract was finished and just idle waiting to be ended.

Not only that, but failed to notify me about this process status, time until solved if client doesn't answer (if I have to wait 14 days for milestones approval, how long should I wait waiting for the client's answer to Upwork?), and not offering an alternative to me, freelancer, who now I cannot even withdrawn any money from ALL OTHER JOBS that I have done, just for these 30ish dollars blocked. I even asked if Upwork could move that payment to In Review, and let all other jobs free (no answer about it).

And not only that, I cannot even buy any more connects. So basically, now that I have 2 remaining my account is useless to me to work.

I DEMAND a solution: one week almost has passed and no clear answer, only "sit tight buddy!". Basically letting my account disable, and solving a ticket without further notice is frustrating for me and unprofessional from Upwork. We pay for connects, we pay 20% for every job, we pay for a premium profle. We deserve good service from Upwork too (don't get me wrong, I'm pretty happy here besides this issue).

I don't want to see impolite or mad, but I hope you all understand why I have this frustration. My schedule payday is 28AUG, and no answer yet...

Have a nice day!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for the follow up Carlos,

Just to confirm that I`ve also escalated your ticket to our team and our team will assist you further as soon as possible. 
If you have any additional questions feel free to follow up on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Carlos,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you.

First, I would like to confirm that when our team updates a ticket the status is changed to "Solved", this does not mean that it's closed. I can see that you have followed up on your ticket and the status is set to "Open".

I`ve also escalated your concern to our team. One of our team members will update your ticket with more details as soon as possible and assist you further. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran!

Thank you for your time and help!

First of all, I didn't know about the "solved" status, good to know! I've received a feedback request and the ticket solved... It all added up.

Thanks for helping me with the escalation. I'll post when I have any answer, so it shows up here for future refence.

carlosacb
Community Member

Hi!

Just an update: CS contact me, and informed me that after 24-48 hours, and after client's payment get removed from my funds (it already happened, and I have my opinions about that too), my account will be restored completely.

Today will be 48 hours, and still no news. As I said, client's payment is not in my funds anymore. I already contact them to check the status of the request.

I wonder: Why removing my payments? UPWORK was the one who accepted her as a client, who accepted her payment method, who allowed her posting job and letting me do it. From my side, I did everything by the book: I bid, accepted the job, complete it, submitted, and wait for like a thousand days to be available my payment.

Why removing funds from because Upwork failed to identify any security risk before entereing as a client? Why I have to pay with free work? Upwork resolved its problem with her, she walk away with free job done, and I stay here, with all the inconvenients and no payments Smiley Frustrated

Oh well... I'll keep this thread updated until solved.

Thank you for the follow up Carlos,

Just to confirm that I`ve also escalated your ticket to our team and our team will assist you further as soon as possible. 
If you have any additional questions feel free to follow up on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran!

Can you belive I couldn't find this thread to answer? Smiley LOL

Another follow up: My account was fully reactivated last friday, I think. Now everything is working fine!

BUT... I still have a couple of issues with that particular client, that the team never answer or told me about. I posted in another thread, so I can end this one with your solution.

The other thread (let's call it "Conflictive Client, part 2") is in here: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Milestone-payment-removed-after-approval/m-p/642027

Thanks once more!

carlosacb
Community Member

I have a contract suspended because client was suspended. Contract also shows as suspended. It was an idle job, with all milestones approved and paid long before the suspension This was treated in request ID 26330207.

That request was solved, but I never got an answer about what to do next about these:

--> Contract still shows in my profile. Should I ended it? I haven't touch it because client was under review.

--> Contract shows payment as "Released", it was transfer to my account, and then remove by Upwork because client was under review.
--> I delivered my work... Long time ago... Milestone was approved and client gave her "ok" via chat. But my payment was removed while "client was under review" without any explanation (other than "client was under review"). What happened to my money?

Thanks!

*edited by me*

This was for another thread, no this one... No cool moving it to here... Not cool Cat Frustrated

Carlos Alberto C wrote:

...my payment was removed while "client was under review" without any explanation (other than "client was under review"). What happened to my money?

Chances are the real owner of the credit card / PayPal account used got their money back

It really, REALLY sucks when that happens and I totally understand your frustration.

Unfortunately, that (chargebacks) are one of the risk factors when you are self-employed in any industry.

Hi Carlos Alberto,

I'm sorry to hear your payment had to be reversed. I went ahead and followed up with the team about your ticket and they have just updated it with more information about the reversal. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria (and everybody else),

This was the answer:

**Edited for community guidelines**

So... Time and money lost, thanks god it was a small job, but it was more a pro-fairness movement than the money.

Let this issue slip into oblivion (hopefully taking the client with it... If you know what I mean Smiley LOL).

Thanks all!!!

Hi Petra/Valeria, thanks for the answer!

Let me check my request and get back to you with an update, in case anyone else need it in the future too! Smiley Happy

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths