🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Account seller changed his term
Page options
likopotter
Community Member

Account seller changed his term

Hello, Upwork customers.
I hope you are doing well and safe.
I've rented one Upwork account and have worked on this account last 3 months.
The JSS was about 74% at first and it was mostly impossible to get the jobs with that JSS.
I think this account seller wanted to raise the job success score and he offered fixed $150 fee for renting account.
I've worked hard through anydesk and the JSS came to about 90% and the account was hold temporarily one week ago for some reasons.
I sent money on 31st July exactly and suddenly the account seller changed his terms and he just wanted money at the first of the month though we agreed the payment on the last day of the month.

And he said he was going to rent the acount to another developer if I don't send payment.
He disconnected anydesk so that I can't access to the account.
I'm reporting this Upwork account seller so that he can't get recovered the account and rent it to other developers.
I have enough proof for the collaboration including the screenshots on the chatting on skype with this account seller and also the sreenshots including Overview Report page, Transaction History page and the email that one of the Upwork customers sent him for noticing the account frozen.
I can provide the payment transactions and the request ticket links that he shared with me.

I can be available for a call anytime.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards.

18 REPLIES 18
lysis10
Community Member

Liko K wrote:

Hello, Upwork customers.
The JSS was about 74% at first and it was mostly impossible to get the jobs with that JSS.
I think this account seller wanted to raise the job success score and he offered fixed $150 fee for renting account.
I've worked hard through anydesk and the JSS came to about 90% and the account was hold temporarily one week ago for some reasons.
I sent money on 31st July exactly and suddenly the account seller changed his terms and he just wanted money at the first of the month though we agreed the payment on the last day of the month.

And he said he was going to rent the acount to another developer if I don't send payment.
I'm reporting this Upwork account seller so that he can't get recovered the account and rent it to other developers.
I have enough proof for the collaboration including the screenshots on the chatting on skype with this account seller and also the sreenshots including Overview Report page, Transaction History page and the email that one of the Upwork customers sent him for noticing the account frozen.
I can provide the payment transactions and the request ticket links that he shared with me.

Regards.

lol archived and mobile web developer auto approved.

Hello, Jennifer.
Thanks for reaching to me.
The account that I rented is not this account.
I used this account for reporting the account seller.
Thanks

Liko K wrote:

Hello, Jennifer.
Thanks for reaching to me.
Thanks

Well that's just dandy.

Liko K wrote:

You do understand that renting or buying or using an account that isn't yours in your name isn't allowed, of course, don't you? 

florydev
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Liko K wrote:

You do understand that renting or buying or using an account that isn't yours in your name isn't allowed, of course, don't you? 

I think the total tonnage of things the OP does not understand would be hard to fathom.

Mark F wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Liko K wrote:

I think the total tonnage of things the OP does not understand would be hard to fathom.

I'm waiting for the "I killed a guy and now the one who ordered the hit does not want to pay! I have screenshots and everything to show you he promised to. Please help me." thread. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Liko,

Could you please share more details with me via PM (click on my name) along with evidence and the profile link you`re referring to? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, Goran.
Thanks for reaching out to me.
I just sent you message in DM.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Regads

This is fascinating.  I knew that Upwork accounts were being sold.  But rented? Does the renter pay a deposit, to be forfeited if he wrecks the JSS or gets the account suspended (as in this case)?

Next there'll be people auctioning Upwork accounts on eBay. Perhaps one day there'll even be a derivatives market, and you'll be able to short an Upwork account!

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Liko,

I don't think this is going to end well for you.

"Renting", which is a way of "allowing another person to use your account", is a clear violation of Section 4. Prohibited Site Uses of Upwork's Terms of Service:

https://www.upwork.com/legal#examplesof

Rules and ethics aside, why rent a profile with 74% JSS?

I know it is not going to end well for me but the account seller is going to rent his account to other developers if I don't follow his changed terms, though his account is already under temporarily suspended

Liko K wrote:

I know it is not going to end well for me but the account seller is going to rent his account to other developers if I don't follow his changed terms, though his account is already under temporarily suspended

His account is about to be permanently suspended, so that should take care of your having to pay him. 

Liko K wrote:

he isn't going to rent anything to anyone, both of you are in this together and are as much to blame in this little fraud scheme you perpetrated together. You were accomplices, and will both go down together.

How much money did you earn under that guy's name? How do you feel about the clients you deceived?

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Liko K wrote:

Hello, Upwork customers.

He disconnected anydesk so that I can't access to the account.

Regards.

Liko, you are so funny! 

Thanks for making my upwork-day!

Actually this is not funny for me.
The account seller said he was asked to prove his programming skills to Upwork customers but I can say he can't pass the interview because he is designer.
But he is saying he asked his friends and he count on them.

Liko K wrote:

Actually this is not funny for me.
The account seller said he was asked to prove his programming skills to Upwork customers but I can say he can't pass the interview because he is designer.
But he is saying he asked his friends and he count on them.

Mind...Officially Blown - Ancient Aliens | Meme Generator

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Liko,

I would like to confirm that Upwork users are not allowed to share their accounts with other users, or people outside of Upwork as it is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. Users are not allowed to rent/lease their accounts, and only the registered the user is allowed to access and use their account.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to address this report.

I won't be able to go into details about our internal processes but as you've correctly guessed, the reported account has already been actioned in accordance with Upwork TOS.

This thread will be closed from further replies. As a gentle reminder, please be mindful of the Community Guidelines when posting in the Community.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members