🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Account support
Page options
christi-kravets
Community Member

Account support

Hi. I've got some serious issues with the Upwork account. I believe you will help me to go on doing my fare business on Upwork.  My request is to let us create an account and DO NOT BLOCK THAT ACCOUNT. The account was blocked for no visible or logical reason, neither the reason was explained to us. The Upwork policy or algorithm of functioning is better known to Upwork itself, the fact is that freelance service blocks account unreasonably, RANDOMLY. In this way, Upwork brakes human rights of users, who had never overstepped the rules of Upwork service, worked honestly. We are a family of freelancers, my husband's account was blocked for no reason and with no even explain why. This is a brake of human rights according to European Low. I may oversee that mistake if we can create another one, and it will not be banned unreasonably. This is my request to Upwork: LET MY HUSBAND **Edited for Community Guidelines** CREATE AN ACCOUNT, DO NOT BAN IT and let him go on working honestly. Please do not make me turn this request into global litigation, as I Do NOT WANT TO,  but I may. Thank you for understanding. I'm waiting for your response with good news regarding my husband's **Edited for Community Guidelines** account ban-prevention.

12 REPLIES 12
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I can only speculate, but the reason that Upwork is not letting "us" create an account is that only one person can use the account, and no, "we" cannot create another one or it will also be banned. Upwork is allowed to reject freelancers who ignore its terms of service; that's not even remotely a human rights violation. Nice try, though.

Thank you for your reply.  No, that's just my manner of speaking. Only my husband worked from that account. The account functioned strictly according to the agreement rules of Upwork. Why should it be banned?

Now I understand, I assume, Mrs. Christine, you do not deal with such issues, please do not take personally the harsh manner of my first letter. But I believe you know whom to address to help us.  Therefore I'm requesting the community to forward my request to those who are responsible for tech support, to check that account and unblock it, as it will be obvious, no wrong activities were performed. The ban happened randomly. 

petra_r
Community Member

Christina K wrote:

Please do not make me turn this request into global litigation, as I Do NOT WANT TO,  but I may. .

Global litigation? Don't be ridiculous.

There is no law in the world that could or would force any platform to work with anyone they don't want to work with. Even if you had a case (you don't) you could not afford "global litigation."

Christina K wrote:

This is a brake of human rights according to European Low.

There is no "human right" to an Upwork account. 

If your husband tries to create a new account, it will be banned. That's all there is to it. Nobody is allowed to create a second account.

And is that all you've heard from my letter? Is the community for fighting fit freelancers or for giving support? Maby I should have asked that first. The case is that the ban was random. The account may be unblocked only if tech. support staff does that. And that is what I'm asking. Upwork has banned an absolutely honestly functioning account. Obviously that's a mistake or random choice. I'm asking the community to address the right person to check that account and unblock it.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Please do not make me turn this request into global litigation, as I Do NOT WANT TO, but I may."

Christina:
You may wish to review notes provided here:

Problem? Solve Here

...about how to effectively approach Upwork and accomplish your goals.

Was that quoted sentence the only thing you have seen in my letter? My problem can be solved only if the support stuff unlocks the account of my husband connected to email **Edited for Community Guidelines** There's nothing new to know, I've been reading all the documents, agreements, etc.  Only Upwork can unblock the account if they understand the situation and would like to do so.  My husband knows the rules and had never overstepped it. Therefore I'm requesting the community to request a responsible person to check the account connected to **Edited for Community Guidelines** and unblock it, please.

Christina K wrote:

Therefore I'm requesting the community to request a responsible person to check the account connected to xxxxx and unblock it, please.

You are not "requesting" - you are making (ridiculous) threats of "global litigation" and claiming "law violations" that do not exist and human rights (nobody has a "human right" to an Upwork account!)

What a pity that all you can see among my words is something you can start
fighting against. When I address people here, I do request.

When I speak about my attitude towards my husband's account being banned
for no reason, that's another thing, and that is addressed to Upwork
company or those who are responsible for the random ban. There's nowhere in
the Terms of service stated that "we may ban your account for now reason".
My husband reads the Terms of services and fulfills them. But what does
Upwork? I assume it just an error happened, that still can be corrected.

Hi Christina,

I checked the email you shared, and I was not able to find any account associated with it. Could you please send me a PM by clicking on my name so I can check? Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Christina - Upwork blocks accounts when they violate Upwork's Terms of Service. End of discussion.

If the account doesn't violate Upwork's Terms of Service? Mrs. Joan, I assume banning the account isn't your direct responsibility, so please do not take personally the first letter. But I'm requesting the community to request the right department to check and unblock that account of my husband, **Edited for Community Guidelines** as it had been functioning according to the Terms of Service. 

What would you do if you get banned on Upwork out of nowhere and no reason? The only thing I can do is to address the community to forward my request to those who can help.

Christina - I find it hard to believe that Upwork would ban your husband's account for no reason or that it was random. Nevertheless, to come on this community site and start making all kinds of threats is not going to help your cause on behalf of your husband in my opinion.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members