🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Account suspended due to fraud client.
Page options
khalid_anwar12
Community Member

Account suspended due to fraud client.

Hello Upwork Community.  

I am Khalid, working as an accountant and Bookkeeper. I have been working on this platform for the last 3 years now. I have engaged with many clients and have delivered the best services without compromising any ethical boundaries. I have earned Top Rated Badge

3 months ago, I got a chance to work with a client and we were working happily. Hours were being billed and the client allowed Upwork escrow to release the fund to me.  Suddenly, the client vandalized. I kept on working and messaging the client but there was no response. 

One day the client and his partner appeared and started to send messages that I have charged them more. They started abusing me. I kept calm and offered to compensate them if there they thing they have paid me more.  I tried to negotiate, But they said, refund us all the money and otherwise they will suspend me from this platform, as they have done with other freelances too. So, they did.  I am now suspended from the Upwork platform. 
Upwork mediated and ordered mw to refund the amount inorder to get access to your account. I have few mony left and I am will to refund that.

Please , guide me .

Thank you.

Currently, I have an active client but I can't work. 

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Khalid,

I checked your account and I can see that our team has shared more details regarding your account on your ticket with the number 34039754. If you're still confused about something, please refer to your ticket. 

Regarding your account status, our team will reach out to you via a new ticket and will assist you further. Thank you for your patience.

~ Goran
Upwork
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Too bad you were made to suffer because of the actions of a bad client.

Upwork  is not doing good to protect freelancrs right.  They only care for the client and mony. 

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

So you are saying any client can just go to Upwork complaint about the freelancer and Upwork will force the freelancer to refund the money or have his account suspended? 

I do not think it is possible and you may be hiding something, if that was the case no one's money would be safe here and if that happened to me on any platform I will never work on that platform...you seem to be concerned about the suspicion...why if Upwork so bad? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members