cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended for low client satisfaction!? - top rated profile 4.89 93% job success

Sid C Member Since: May 6, 2015
1 of 29

Hello fellow Upwork teamates, first time posting here and I wish it wasn't for this frustrating reason.

So after 4 years of hard work on this platform, my account was suspended today (or closed, as stated in Upwork's notice) due to "your client satisfaction remains below average". This happened all of a sudden, without any prior notice, and while I was still logged in working on a project as well.

This doesn't make sense to me at all as my profile is top rated, with 4.89 rating, and 93% job success.

Upwork's notice states that "We’re following up on the message we sent you a few weeks ago regarding your clients’ satisfaction with the work of your agency." This is even funnier because 1) I created my agency back in April, but haven't applied to or worked on any projects on the agency's behalf. Is Upwork considering "no-rating" as "low-rating"?? 2) I never received any message that Upwork stated to have sent to me a few weeks ago.

I've already called and replied to customer service, but just in case their response turns out to be as useless as many of you guys have already experienced, I'm posting my case here, hoping to find someone who can actually help out, please.

Also, I've noticed that I'm still able to log in with time tracker and work. Is this normal? For those of you whose accounts were suspended/closed before, were you able to login during that time as well? Any suggestions on whether I should still log in and work? I don't want to risk not getting my money out of here if Upwork decides to terminate my account for good.

Thanks!

Ace Contributor
Tim H Member Since: Jul 7, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 29

This is extremely concerning.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 29
This sounds like a mistake. Hang in there.
Jony M Member Since: Jul 7, 2015
4 of 29

I also recieved the same email. My account is 10 years old . I am completely baffled. Please do keep posting about the updates. I will do the same

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
5 of 29

Tony,

I just looked at your profile and your JSS score is very low. Please follow up with CS on the information they provided to you.

-Lena

Untitled
Waqas A Member Since: Nov 12, 2014
6 of 29

Same thing happend to me. I have 88% job success rate and my account is also suspendeed for same reason . I also create a agency but never used it. 

Daman M Member Since: Mar 21, 2015
7 of 29

Is there anyone who could explain me. How could UpWork/Odesk suspend my contractors profile because of an Agency i last used two years ago..

Reason they gave: Your Agency doesn't minimum standards..
They gave me first warning DEC 2014 (It was already one and half year since i last used it)

I contacted customer support to close my Agency, they said we don't have this feature available yet...
I coudln't do any thing else..

The moment i got to know that i can delete my Agency, i closed my Agency's account..
It's been 2-3 weeks now.

But i still can't understand, how could they suspend my contractors profile??? 
I have 5 Star Rating and 100% Job Success. It is really really disappointing.. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 29

Hi Sid,

I checked and it looks like there was a notification sent to you as an agency manager back in December with some advice about your agency performance.

We are currently checking with the team regarding the status of the freelancer accounts. Meanwhile, please refer to this post for more information about performance reviews of agencies.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Waqas A Member Since: Nov 12, 2014
9 of 29

Hi Valeria

I just got this response from CS that they clost my account permenetly and there is nothing I can do. Upwork closed my account because of  agency which was already closed 7 to 8 month ago. You can review my profile and see that I am improving and almost top rated and also I was aslo top rated 1 month ago. Kindly do some thing about this. I am very worry about my carrier.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
10 of 29

Preston wrote, "This sounds like a mistake. Hang in there." Actually it sounds like over-zealous policing by those overseeing agency performance. Akin to getting life in prison for littering, when all it would have taken was a discussion with the freelancer. I really feel bad for the freelancers who've posted here, and no one benefits from this, not even Upwork.

It may be too late to suggest this, but moving forward, Upwork should create an account backup whenever a freelancer is about to be banished, just in case there's an extenuating circumstance, and keep the backup for a substantial period, say a minimum of one month, so that the freelancer's account can be restored with cause and the freelancer wouldn't have to go back to square one. (I'm assuming Upwork has enough compassion to give these freelancers another chance at minimum.)