cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended for low client satisfaction!? - top rated profile 4.89 93% job success

Waqas A Member Since: Nov 12, 2014
11 of 29

I joined Odesk ( now Upwork ) in 2012. It was a very nice platform. I got many projects and great clients. After one year I start my agency profile and got 5 to 6 projects as agency. My average rating as agency was 5/5 . After using one month I stopped working as agency and start working as individual because I was unable to handle both at same time. In December 2014 I got an email stating that my agency performance is low when I asked reason from CS they told me that one of my 5 client of my clients left negative private feedback. I closed my agency after that because I am getting more than enough work from my individual profile. I have done more then 42 jobs on Upwork. 3 Month ago I became a top rated contractor and I was very happy. In past month I faced a drop of 5 percent in my job success and now I have 88% score. Today I received an email from upwork stating that they closed my account because my agency performance was low. I was very surprised because I already closed it 7 month ago and when I contacted to CS they just replied me that they cannot do anything and this decision is final. I asked them to review my overall account including both individual and past agency profile but the reply was they can’t do anything. I am working on 4 projects and one of my is going to hire me again. It is my request from Upwork team to review my case again and do not judge my performance by a closed agency. Also please advise me what I should do

Sid C Member Since: May 6, 2015
12 of 29

Thanks everyone, and thanks for looking into this Valeria.

I do remember receiving that notification back in December 2014, which was for an agency that is already closed, so I'm not too sure how something from half a year ago is suddenly having an impact on my contractor account just now. (the Upwork email stated that "We’re following up on the message we sent you a few weeks ago", so it didn't connect me to something that happend half a year ago)

I started that old agency a year ago and didn't do well on it, received the notification from Upwork back in December 2014 like you mentioned. At that time I figured that it was just not the right timing for me to continue as an agency, so I closed it up and had the poor agency ratings merged to my contractor account as a consequence (which seemed very fair to me). After that I assumed there was nothing else I should do in respect to that issue, since the agency was already closed, and the bad reviews merged to my contractor account. I then continued as an individual contractor and had been receiving great client reviews.

This year back in April, I started a new agency again hoping for a brand new start, but I haven't had a chance to start applying for projects on behalf of it as my hands have been full with projects under my own contractor profile,  and all of a sudden my account has been suspended / closed because the old agency that I created a year ago (which is now closed) didn't do well?

Hopefully this is just a mistake. Regardless of anything, I'd be more than willing to provide anything Upwork requires to show that all my clients are happy right now (and they'll be more than willing to prove it, too). And if having an agency on idle is an issue (the new one I created back in April), I can definitely close it down right away.

All my clients and I are just really hoping to get things back to normal so we can continue on our projects and not delaying our deadlines. 

Much appreciation,

Sid

Aashutosh K Member Since: Jul 10, 2015
13 of 29

Hi Valeria,

Just wanted to bring in your kind attention that my upwork account has been suspended due to low client satisfaction. In January 2015, I got a "Top Rated " badge (currently having 84% Job Success, 4.74 rating and completed 49 job successfully till date ). So it was quite shocking for me. When I raised a ticket to the UCS, I got this reply :

**edited for Community Guidelines**

As, Now I am not quite sure, Should I have been go with closing my currnet contracts or there is any other way to activate my upwork account.

So I request you to please look into my account and let me know what exactly I need to activate my account.

Sincerely,

Aashutosh Kumar

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
14 of 29

Hi Aashutosh,

I have checked your case and it appears that your individual freelancer account has been reinstated and you can continue using Upwork. However, you cannot use your agency account anymore.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Aashutosh K Member Since: Jul 10, 2015
15 of 29

Hi Valeria,

Thank you for look into my case and restoring my account on Upwork.

Cheers,

Aashutosh Kumar

Community Leader
Joshua M Member Since: Nov 8, 2014
16 of 29

They added a "my stats" so freelancers  can check their JS scores which are heavily influenced by private feedback and now that they are on a witch hunt for agencies with "low client satisfaction". I think someone from management forgot to add an "agency stat" else how in the world would an agency owner determine that they have "low client satisfaction" or in which areas, contracts or members they need to improve?  An agency can basically have a 5 star feedback rating shown on the page but in truth have a "low client satisfaction" rating from private feedback. Please enlighten.

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
17 of 29

First, the OP has stated that the agency was closed.

Second, I cant see how the agency performance has affected his freelancer profile to the point of it being suspended - since both are separate.

Third, this is not an isolated incidence.

Fourth, Valeria has only addressed the OP's situation and not the other complaints. Nevertheless getting a notice last year about something I already closed, would never prompt me to assume: 1. it was relevant and 2. it could affect my freelancer profile.

Lastly, Upwork reserves the right to do these things without notice to anyone for any reason with prejudice and without liability. That's what you signed in the agreement. This is the sad reality.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Leader
18 of 29

Since agency owners/staffing managers are heavily responsible for the groups performance in terms of quality/competent agency contractors and the projects they staffed.

So even if the owner is a 5 star freelancer with 100% JS score, they would still be solely responsible for the client satisfaction rating an agency contractor creates thus leading to suspension.

Sounds a bit harsh but this is the reality of what Upwork is currently doing. Purging owners and members alike to avoid a repeat of just creating a new agency and doing it all again. 

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
19 of 29
Interesting point, but even business owners get to fail, close shop, and try again. I don't think a freelancer's profile should be suspended based on the agency's performance.

Also if what you posted previously is correct, there is no method (apart from public feedback) with which an agency can know its standing.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Leader
20 of 29

@Setu

I absolutely agree with you that there should deffinitely be more leniency towards closing freelancer accounts. But apparantely though, Upworks show of leniency was in the form of an email they sent en masse december last year that was largely ignored. Now everyone suddenly remembers those emails. As what we always say in the internet "S**t just got real"

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS