cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended for low client satisfaction!? - top rated profile 4.89 93% job success

Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
21 of 29

The last thing the internet is, is real. Thank God I'm over 40, and beginning to look mortality in the face. You may have gained the world, but you're going to lose your souls in the existential vacuum that is the online world.

Narci-Raiel N Member Since: Dec 9, 2008
22 of 29

Just Today My Account has been suspended just beacuse some of my client dont leave a feedback! Come on whose behind this non sense! im here for 5years of more! this is the first time i hear this ..... as long as where not given a bad feedback. i think we still deserve to work!

Sid C Member Since: May 6, 2015
23 of 29

Hi everyone, received a reply for my ticket a few hours ago, and it stated:

1) my name wrong. (....I'm not too sure what's going on here, but the agent addressed me with a name that is not even close to mine. I replied asking if Upwork has mistaken my account for someone else's!?)

2) that my agency account is not yet closed. It's currently under review. (but it's not my agency account that I need help with since there's nothing under it...it's my contractor account getting suspended that troubles me)

2) a reminder that "maintaining a high level of professionalism and trust is key to being successful on Upwork" (...which I agree 100% and is all that I've been doing)

3) that when I'm under review I can still work. (this is at least some good news)

I'll keep everyone updated once I receive a new reply.

Narci-Raiel N Member Since: Dec 9, 2008
24 of 29

I have the same concern! whose behind on all this non sense? FIRED him/her ODESK!

Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
25 of 29

I think the fact that these mysterious algorithms can impact upon people's ability to feed their families just shows how detrimental to humanity the virtual world is. God knows what it will be like in 50 years time, glad I won't be here to see it!

26 of 29

New update folks, the CSA recommended me to email account review team directly, which I did, and got an automatic response from "Elance Help Center" saying that "We have received your request #XXXXXXX and will make every effort to contact you as soon as possible. You can also find answers to frequently asked questions at: http://help.elance.com/portal. Best regards, Elance"

So now my case is handed over to the Elance crew!? I know Odesk and Elance has merged, but why am I getting directed to Elance's help web page? I feel like a hamster in a ball getting kicked around... someone please help! Smiley Sad

Waqas A Member Since: Nov 12, 2014
27 of 29

Keep us updated Sid becasue I am on same boat as you they also send me similer reply to complete my jobs first and then forword an email to there account review department.

28 of 29

Alright folks, account is back to normal and case is finally solved.

Took 3 days in total but I assume it's already considered as fast comparing to what many of you have experienced.

Here's what's involved to get my case sorted out:

- 1 phone call

- 1 live chat

- 2 customer support tickets

- 1 email to "AccountReview@Upwork.com"

- 2 messages to community manager asking for help

- 2 clients helping out to file for customer support tickets from their ends

Out of all of above, I'd say reaching out to community manager and getting your clients to speak for you are the most efficient methods. When my clients filed their tickets, they recieved responses within an hour. Mine took a day. Not gonna comment on how differently Upwork treats clients v.s. contractors, but yeah, if you have really supportive clients and can get them involved in a case like this, by all means do it!

Wish everyone who's facing the same issue a speedy and happy outcome!

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
29 of 29

@Sid C wrote:

Alright folks, account is back to normal and case is finally solved.

Took 3 days in total but I assume it's already considered as fast comparing to what many of you have experienced.

Here's what's involved to get my case sorted out:

- 1 phone call

- 1 live chat

- 2 customer support tickets

- 1 email to "AccountReview@Upwork.com"

- 2 messages to community manager asking for help

- 2 clients helping out to file for customer support tickets from their ends

Out of all of above, I'd say reaching out to community manager and getting your clients to speak for you are the most efficient methods. When my clients filed their tickets, they recieved responses within an hour. Mine took a day. Not gonna comment on how differently Upwork treats clients v.s. contractors, but yeah, if you have really supportive clients and can get them involved in a case like this, by all means do it!

Wish everyone who's facing the same issue a speedy and happy outcome!

@ @Sid,

I'm late to this party <sarcasm> but I am sure thrilled that your problem was resolved. Though as I see it, you probably did 0 things wrong, and simply got caught by the "Upwork Nannies".

Furthermore, the list of items provided in your last post is just downright sad. To have to go through all that, yeeesh.

On the flip side of your comment about the clients who helped you out, they got lucky too, belive you me.

A few months ago a current client of mine put up a very large, detailed job post. A couple of weeks later, I was re-adjusting my job feeds and came across the same job post, by another client. This other client had copied (verbatim) the job post my client had put up. I informed my client, and he submitted a ticket.

He went back and forth with different Upwork departments, but nothing got resolved. Finally, I was forced to submit a ticket about a Upwork profile problem, and inside that that ticket, I mentioned my clients difficulty. My clients problem got solved 3 days later.  My problem, which in no way could be considered serious, took 2 weeks to resolve.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS