🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Account suspended while having a contract...
Page options
geritsidou-tanya
Community Member

Account suspended while having a contract running

Hello,

my account was suspended without much feedback, except that they wanted me to verify my ID, which I did. I got a notification that now my ID is verified but my account remains suspended. 

I suspect this might be because I have put a contract on dispute, by a client who refuses to pay me for translation work that is objectively high quality (but he claims isn't with laughable examples of work done CORRECTLY). I have given this client a very low score, I assume he probably has done the same. The dispute isn't over and the money he owes me is still in escrow. 

While all this is happening I landed another contract, which is currently running. However now my account is suspended. I also was being interviewed for a third project when this happened. 

Am I being punished for this one contract that I disputed? I find it very unfair if that's the case.

What can I do? 

17 REPLIES 17
lysis10
Community Member

You don't get suspended for filing a dispute unless you stop answering the mediator.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tanya, 

I apologise for the inconvenience. I would like to clarify that the dispute and the limitation to your account are not related. While you were able to complete the video verification, the team is still currently reviewing your account.

Just the same, I'll follow up your open ticket with the team (Ticket #25059711) so that they can get back to you with more information about your account. Feel free to update the same ticket thread if you questions about your account or the process. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I hope that this suspension doesn't make me look bad to the client that was interviewing me, and currently through no fault of my own, this interview has been interrupted. He was about to hire me. 

Hi I have a query
My account is suspended
I want to know my running contract will work .?
And my client will pay me in suspended account and I'll be able to transfer balance in bank account .?

Hi Muhammad,

It looks like the team already reached out to you. Please refer to the ticket for more information about the contract and the payments. In case you have any questions, feel free to post them on your ticket so the team can help you. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, I received an email that my account has been suspended, and I was asked to reply the email to provide an information that will enable them activate the account, and which I did, but I am yet to get any response. However, I have a contract that I have already accepted the offer and I am to start on Monday, I wanted to confirm, will I be able to start the contract with the client while the account is suspended?

Hi Saidat,

I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
e80ad283
Community Member

My support ticket is: 33032801
Thank you

Hello there! I have the same problem.
I got a ticket for "Account Restriction: Upwork Contract Violation"

The ticket says:

What’s next?

To get back to unlocking opportunities on Upwork, all you need to do is review Upwork’s Terms of Service and reply to this ticket to confirm that you will follow them going forward.

Please note that further violations could lead to additional restrictions up to a permanent block of your Upwork account. You can learn more about Trust & Safety actions here.

So I replied I would accept, review, and follow them going forward. It's been almost 4-5 hours now. My account is still suspended. What will happen to my current contract and hourly project? Can I still work with my client and finish the projects?

Is this permanently suspended or will be unlocked soon?

Thanks,
Damindu Navinda

Hi Damindu Navinda,

I'm sorry to learn about the sudden restriction on your account. However, I see that you've been in contact with the team handling your case. Please continue coordinating with the team through that ticket on this page so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
380c29f3
Community Member

My account got suspended a few days ago and i have a on going contract. I want to will the paid amount be added to my account balance or not.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sodagar,

It looks like your account has been resumed and your payment along with it. Your payment should become available for withdrawal as shown under the date details in your Transaction History

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
380c29f3
Community Member

I just wanted to ask what will happen to the contract. Will it still be On or it will be cancelled?

Hi Sodagar,

Thank you for your message. I see that your contract is still active and you can continue working on them now.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
beckylee101
Community Member

I've recieved an email that my account has been suspended. I followed the step they asked me to take, which was reply to the email. How long will this take to resolve and can I still work on the contract I have running with the assurity of getting paid?

Hi Sausha-Lee,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your query with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths