Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended while having a contract running

geritsidou-tanya
Tanya G Member Since: Jul 12, 2018
1 of 6

Hello,

my account was suspended without much feedback, except that they wanted me to verify my ID, which I did. I got a notification that now my ID is verified but my account remains suspended. 

I suspect this might be because I have put a contract on dispute, by a client who refuses to pay me for translation work that is objectively high quality (but he claims isn't with laughable examples of work done CORRECTLY). I have given this client a very low score, I assume he probably has done the same. The dispute isn't over and the money he owes me is still in escrow. 

While all this is happening I landed another contract, which is currently running. However now my account is suspended. I also was being interviewed for a third project when this happened. 

Am I being punished for this one contract that I disputed? I find it very unfair if that's the case.

What can I do? 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 6

You don't get suspended for filing a dispute unless you stop answering the mediator.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 6

Hi Tanya, 

I apologise for the inconvenience. I would like to clarify that the dispute and the limitation to your account are not related. While you were able to complete the video verification, the team is still currently reviewing your account.

Just the same, I'll follow up your open ticket with the team (Ticket #25059711) so that they can get back to you with more information about your account. Feel free to update the same ticket thread if you questions about your account or the process. 

~ Avery
Upwork
geritsidou-tanya
Tanya G Member Since: Jul 12, 2018
4 of 6

I hope that this suspension doesn't make me look bad to the client that was interviewing me, and currently through no fault of my own, this interview has been interrupted. He was about to hire me. 

umariqbal047
Muhammad U Member Since: Jan 26, 2021
5 of 6
Hi I have a query
My account is suspended
I want to know my running contract will work .?
And my client will pay me in suspended account and I'll be able to transfer balance in bank account .?
djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
6 of 6

Hi Muhammad,

It looks like the team already reached out to you. Please refer to the ticket for more information about the contract and the payments. In case you have any questions, feel free to post them on your ticket so the team can help you. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS