🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Account suspended, with reason : your nam...
Page options
anas_nadifi
Community Member

Account suspended, with reason : your name has been changed

Hello,

I am a 100% JSS, Top Rate Plus freelancer, with a wonderful 2 years record of working in Upwork, i never had any issues with any client or break any of Upwork's rules, i have 5 stars on 99% of my jobs and have had the best work experience of my life through Upwork.

This morning i got a notification that my account has been suspended, when i check the reason, its : 

"We noticed your name has changed on your account, so we need to verify that you are the owner of this account." 

But i have never changed my name ever, and now am facing issues with the reverification, the issue is. : 

1. my passport is now expired, this is the same passport i used on November 2020 for creating the account.
  2. naturally i tried uploading my National ID instead, the issue is my ID has 2 sides, each side containing some of the infos required (name, address, National ID number, date of birth), but Upwork is asking me to upload only 1 image, so i cannot upload 2 sides (2 images)
  3. also since am from Morocco, my National ID comes only in French + Arabic, the only english document i have is my passport, but its expired.

I do not know how to resolve the issue, i can : 

1. make a video call interview
  2. present all my bank statements.... (comes only in french + Arabic, but contains : address + name + bank account number, all infos very clear in the document)
  3. show my national id card (2 sides)... (comes only in french + Arabic, contains : address + name + date of birth + national id number , they are all very clear in the document)
  4. show my passport (expired on 30-08-2022)
  5. show my government issued work-permit (contains :  name +  my National Id number )
5 REPLIES 5
NikolaS

Hi Anas,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear about your account status. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hey Nikola,

I just wanted to let you know, that : 

1. it has been more than 48 hours since my support ticket was created and i responded there
  2. it has been more than 24 hours since i resubmitted my ID ( combining two sides into 1 pdf file) + my financial bill statement  for re-verification and am getting no reply or email whatsoever.

I do not know what to do actually, could you please notify the team to contact me and update my status? I submitted everything that is needed on the reverification link : https://www.upwork.com/ab/fivs/verify/iDBO7-5I6A0Qy_4AXE7737r2AiA=  

as well as on the support ticket

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/37900387

This is really the first time i encounter such situation, i appreciate any further help / guidance from you.

Waiting your reply as soon as possible,

Regards,

Anas Nadifi

anas_nadifi
Community Member

Hey Nikola,

I just wanted to let you know, that : 

1. it has been more than 48 hours since my support ticket was created and i responded there
  2. it has been more than 24 hours since i resubmitted my ID ( combining two sides into 1 pdf file) + my financial bill statement  for re-verification and am getting no reply or email whatsoever.

I do not know what to do actually, could you please notify the team to contact me and update my status? I submitted everything that is needed on the reverification link : https://www.upwork.com/ab/fivs/verify/iDBO7-5I6A0Qy_4AXE7737r2AiA=  

as well as on the support ticket

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/37900387

This is really the first time i encounter such situation, i appreciate any further help / guidance from you.

Waiting your reply as soon as possible,

Regards,

Anas Nadif

Hi Anas,

I checked and can see that the team has recently updated your support ticket. Please continue to communicate with them as they are the ones who can best assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hey Andrea,

So in the support ticket, i was told to wait 24-48 hours and recontact the support team if i get no reply, and the only reply i got is to wait another 24-48 hours, so i felt stuck, especially that i did submit to the verification link etc..and the link now just redirects me to job feed.

Thanks for the reply.

Anas

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members