🐈 Community
mattlabrie

Account suspended

My account has been suspended. No reason was given beside that my account was violating Upwork's policy. That doesn't tell me anything and to be honest, I haven't done much on the site beside apply on a few jobs ( around 10 ) I was more than qualified to fulfill which led to two clients getting back to me. One had completly changed his project and instead of a 3D model to print, they wanted a whole 2D concept art of various people dancing around a campfire in a desert to print on a canva within the end of the day. I kindly said that this was beyond my area of expertise and that I would not be able to do the contract. I still took time to guide him properly on what he should ask and what was the most common canvas dimension. The second contract I was still waiting to hear back from them concerning their project which was a small 3d model to be displayed on a webpage. I had quite an extensive portfolio with various 3D assets and environment i've achieved through the years and for each message I made sure to include the most relevant pieces of work I had. I may not be the most fluent in english, still i'm working for a video game company based in the US for 4 years as a remote worker. If they can understand me it's safe to assume it would be the same around here. I've contacted support, no answer yet. Not sure if they will answer as it was mentioned in the message that they may not answer back. I'm debating weither i should call them or not. Any tips for me ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aocumen
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear your account was suspended, Matthieu. 

I checked your ticket and will go ahead and follow this up with the team handling your account issue so that they can get back to you soon. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
yitwail

Matthieu, they permanently suspended you so don't get your expectations too high. For what it's worth, your English is probaby better than the majority of frontline support staff.

Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear your account was suspended, Matthieu. 

I checked your ticket and will go ahead and follow this up with the team handling your account issue so that they can get back to you soon. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you, I've been contacted and asked to provide proof, of being myself i guess? So it should be resolved in no time. Thanks for the quick answer. 

m_terrazas

Hi Matthieu,

Maybe it's due to the links you have in your portfolio.
You should remove them, they are forbidden.
Perhaps this helps to restore your account.
Luck!

Learning Paths