🐈
» Forums » Support » Account suspended
Page options
yatchvi
Community Member

Account suspended

My account has been suspended, I just made my account few weeks ago, I was inactive for a while. But today, I checked the account and boom, it has been suspended. Please let me know what is the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

917 REPLIES 917

It seems you may have violated something, but I'll like to ask do you by mistake have a second account on upwork because that is what may bring this type.  There is something that must have been stated on the mail sent, if its an indefinite suspension then I guess that's the stop.

Hi Fortune,
I migh have had an account maybe a decade ago but never used it. 

The email said this: 

Hi James,

We are reaching out today because we have noticed some irregular activity in your Upwork account. 

Because we take your security seriously, we have placed a temporary hold on your account until we hear back from you.

While this hold is in place, you won’t be able to bill on contracts, submit proposals or withdraw payments on Upwork.

We hope to help you resolve this issue quickly so we can give you full access to your Upwork account again. Please reply to this email as soon as possible and we can discuss the matter further.

Okay if its on a temporary hold, there is hope as you have replied to the email, sometimes it takes 24hours or more to get the response on your next step. You can check the dispute tab on the homepage under the help tab,  from there you can see the status of your ticket (issue)

But I'll be sincere with you the message does not clearly state what happened which is why you will need to wait for the response from the support team.

It's quite shocking if not heartbreaking on a whole painful level.

It's my first time working here and maybe I'm overreacting but the trauma is so bad. Let me wait and hope for the best because I was clearly getting happy about working here.

I will surely update you on what comes next. Thank you for your response.

No challenge, lets see how it goes.

humairamuneer
Community Member

I tried doing that and there is no option to replay to that ticket. I spoke with the client and she said she had already got this cleared with Upwork, She provided information showing it was not the manipulation of the feedback. Why my account is still suspended.

Hi Humaira,

Thank you for your response. You can create a follow-up ticket by directly replying to a ticket notification received on your registered email address. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Thats the thing i dont have any email in my inbox 

Hi Humaira,

I can see you were able to submit a new support ticket with our team regarding this. Please check their reply here.

~Andrea
Upwork
prodesigner2031
Community Member

Hello dear Upwork Team,

My account is fincaly limited from last 1 weak I opend many tikects but they are just saying me be patiant and be patient who?

who much more time it will take?

My all project are posed my cleints are telling me when we will star working and I did work for many cleints they are sening me money but my account is fincailly limited so what I should do?

Hi Sajjad,

Thanks for reaching out. Good news! I checked with the team and it looks like the issue has been resolved. Please check your account one more time and if you still see any limitations let me know.

~Andrea
Upwork
blozeva
Community Member

Hello! I have set up my profile in full, added billing and payment methods, etc., but it doesn't let me submit any proposals. When I go to Membership and Plans to choose the Basic plan for connects, it says that my profile is limited. What should I do?

Hi Bozhena,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
uyen_voicetalent
Community Member

I need to create a direct contract to my client, but my account shows me that "has been suspended" and when I click on "Mu profile" it's show "no longer"
Please help me, I need to send a direct contract to my client and withdraw my payment. Please help me ASAP. Thank you

Hi Nguyen,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
jemichbolisig15
Community Member

Hello Community Upwork,

Hope you can help me. My account was suspended then. I have 3 ongoing contracts there. Please take a look at the attachment regarding my concern.

Thanks,

Jess M.

Hi Jess,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that your account has been suspended for violation of our TOS and you have already responded to the support ticket initiated by the relevant team. One of our team members will assist you further as soon as possible. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

When will be my account back to normal? I have ongoing project there by the way.

Thanks,

Jess M.

Hi Jess,

I see that you already followed up on your ticket. Please note that our team replies to the tickets in the order they were received and in some cases, it can take more than 48 hours to receive an update. Please allow more time for that to happen. You'll be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
upwork-vk
Community Member

Hi everyone, I hope you guys are doing well

My Upwork account has been suspended two days ago due to some irregular activities.

I have thought carefully about what are irregular activities in my recent Upwork account but I couldn't find them.

Maybe there are some irregular activities that I didn't notice.

In this pandemic, the Upwork account is one of the most important things so I couldn't believe that my account had been suspended.

This is my first time in Upwork history and I couldn't believe this in the beginning.

To recover my account again,  I have already uploaded documents that the Upwork team required yesterday but still didn't get any replies yet.

What I want to know is when can I get a reply from the Upwork team and what processes should I pass?

Best regards.

Vitaly.

Hi Vitaly,

Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to complete their review and update you directly on your support ticket

~Andrea
Upwork
cdbf37eb
Community Member

Case ID#32445098
Upwork recently blocked my new upwork account due to plagarized content. I am not getting any response from upwork's representative. 

I have few points to clarify my case that I created my account on Upwork, and the next day it got blocked. During the creation of account there was a list of things which I had to fill in order to proceed due to which I copied content just in a hurry to complete my rest of profile, I assured myself that before applying any job or uploading portfolio, I will change that copied content then I will start applying for any job (because I didn't want to go against Upwork's TOS). I will really appreciate if you understand my scenario and reinstate my account so that I can edit copied content and start adding value to this great platform!

There was no option of skipping so I did it in hurry. I have changed the plagiarized content and I assure you that this is not going to be happen again as it was all I did it in hurry, I really hope there is still a room for a newbie who just registered to your platform and did a small mistake. Looking forward to get a positive response from your side. I hope you understand.

Thanks & Regards,
Syed Hassan

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Syed, 

I'm here to help you, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. While I'm unable to discuss the specifics of your account, I will look into this and will come back here once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for patiently waiting as we looked into this further, Syed. 

A member of the team has reached out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further with your concern. Kindly follow the steps on the ticket and don't hesitate to post on the same ticket thread if you need further assistance regarding your concern. 

Thank you!

~ Avery
Upwork
3ae265fe
Community Member

My son has been active on Upwork and his account was suddenly suspended.  He had active matters going on.  Whatever the problem might have been, he would be diligent to try to address it, but he doesn't know what the problem was/is, and he can't get in touch with any support.  Can someone please tell me how he can address this issue?  He has spent months building up a presence here.  Whatever the issue was, it was unintentional and should be fixable.  Thank you. 

Hi Ron,

We won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations. Additionally, your son should've received an email about what happened, and if applicable, explaining how to resolve the issue. Please, refer to this help article for general information about common reasons for account suspension. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a9868df7
Community Member

Hello.
I got a webflow project 3 days ago and I done video vierification yesterday.

But my account has been suspended today.
I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything that violates the upwork policy.

I really love upwork account and I 'd like to work continue in this platform.
Would you please review my account?
Please recover my account.

Thank you so much.

Hi Shoxik,

Thanks for reaching out. I can see that the team reached out to you via a support ticket with more information. Kindly refer to that ticket so that they can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
k_parkerr
Community Member

You can't submit a proposal because your account is suspended but my account is restored so why this is?

Please help me

Hi Koop,

I can also see your account has been resumed as you mentioned. Can you please try clearing your browser cache and cookies and see if the problem persists? 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I did this but problem is still the same 

Thank you for your help but problem is still same 

please Help me to fix this problem

Hi Koop,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.  One of our agents has already reached out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a26476a1
Community Member

Hello. I just signed up to upwork like 10 minutes ago after successfully struggling to verify my account i got approved only to get a notifiation on top of my page which says thta my account has been suspended for no reason!! Why??

NOTE: I chnaged my email to my official business email , could this be the reason?

Hello Okonkwo,

Thank you for your message.

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket here. One of our team members will respond to you as soon as possible and assist you further. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

I have tried my best.. I'm very enthusiastic about working on Upwork.. I'm
ready to do any verification if needed. I've sent a message to Upwork help
on twitter but still to no avail please help me out

Hi Okonkwo,

Our team is already investigating your account and will reply to you directly via a support ticket initiated on your account. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
88c5df8d
Community Member

My account went on hold. Please any Upwork representative can help out me in this up? I have replied to the mail received from Upwork support but they haven't replied back yet. Please anyone help me out.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

I’ll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update directly via email.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths