🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Account suspension due to high volume of invi...
Page options
mohamadahmd
Community Member

Account suspension due to high volume of invitations decline??

DOES DECLINING SO MANY INVITATIONS LEAD TO ACCOUNT SUSPENSION??

Hello Upworkers!

I am a top-rated freelancer and it is been a year on Upwork. I have years of experience also before I join that is why it was easier for me to gain the confidence of all the clients who hired me and my JSS is 100 per cent. Well, all this made me a qualified freelancer and I receive several invitations every day so I cannot accept all. I usually decline 5 invitations every day and I currently have several ongoing projects. My question is whether declining many invitations will lead to the suspension of my account because I don't like to turn off the availability option since I keep accepting some work from time to time.

Thank.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mohamad,

I would like to clarify that declining invitation for an interview or withdraw a proposal will not affect your account in any way. These actions will not affect your stats or JSS as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mohamad,

I would like to clarify that declining invitation for an interview or withdraw a proposal will not affect your account in any way. These actions will not affect your stats or JSS as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks

petra_r
Community Member

Mohamad A wrote:

I usually decline 5 invitations every day

You were invited 111 times in the last 90 days, that's an average of just over one a day.

No, declining invitations does not get your account suspended, Why would it?

Thank you, Petra.. I have watched on Youtube a person who is saying that his account was suspended just because he used to ignore the invitations without accepting nor declining them. So I was wondering if also declining a high amount of invitations will lead also to the profile suspension since Upwork may prefer that someone who is currently busy to turn off the availability option. Also in the last 2 weeks, I have been receiving an increasing number of invitations.. In the end, I really don't know what exactly leads to the account suspension but the internet is full of bad stories of people who even got their accounts suspended without a previous warning so I am trying to be careful as much as I can.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths